Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What About the Smoking CAP?

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Betty said:
Alternatively, I'd be happy to copy the hat and make a pattern with a download link.......but it's very simple. I can't imagine that anyone needs a pattern of this hat. Or do you??

Probably. :eek:

LEUII

One of the Regulars
They really are easy to make. I'm a Zouave reenactor and we wear both fezzes and collettes as head wear. You can whip out a simple one in no time.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Whip up a Fez

LEUII said:
They really are easy to make. I'm a Zouave reenactor and we wear both fezzes and collettes as head wear. You can whip out a simple one in no time.

You have gotta love the customers in this bar - a Zouave reenactor - what next for the Lounge??:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
I own one, but never did anything with it, so I tried to sell it.
It never sold on ebay, so I still have it. I'll post pics when I have time.
Vintage Betty

Send it toFeraud. His wife won't knit him one. :D

Vintage Betty

Found a source

I found a source for caps which could be considered Victorian Smoking Cpas, though they are NOT. Cost is $30-50, hand embrodered and hand-assembled I believe.

If you are interested, PM me.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

Found this 1872 Smoking Cap

Found this 1872 Smoking Cap

petersons_1872_smoking_cap.JPG

Edward

Bartender

I wonder if the guys at Fez-o-rama have ever seen something like this. The 'chapeau' they introduced within the last year or so is very similar to this. Not quite as many designs are available as with their fezzes, but....

http://fez-o-rama.com/shop/current/barn-owl-chapeau/

Tempted by one myself. I've already got ten of their low profile fezzes, and two of the taller style. I first bought into them as a alternative to smoking caps, as all those I could find in the UK were overpriced or rubbish... or both. These are great, and keep my head warm in the Winter too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner