Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Aero jacket next?

Doylum

New in Town
Howdy folks,

Looking for some input from the forum on what my next jacket should be.

I currently have an Aero B3 redskin for winter. I've got an Aero board racer in midnight blue Vicenza on order, that'll be for summer. So, I'm thinking of something for in between. Currently looking at the unknown contract A2 or ..... Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Doylum

GW KY

Practically Family
Highwayman dark seal or black vicenza, lining depends on weather.
Such a classic look, so different than other two...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Seal Vicenza 1930's Half Belt. Or seal Vicenza Maxwell or Mulligan if you want a buttoned jacket based on the 1930's HB pattern. IMHO seal Vicenza is the richest, most striking color made, bar none.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think with a B3 you have a military style, with the BR a moto style, what you need next is a casual style, so a Half-belt or Sheene. If Hal-Belt, I'd go for the 30s HB but ask for the 50s HB back, no yoke.

I didn't mention the Sheene as I thought it might be somewhat of a duplication of the Board Racer. Based on my experience the 1950's half belt design seems to me to be a boxy, fuller cut than the 1930's half belt that is more tapered than the 1950's. It all depends on one's anatomic proportions and how one wants the jacket to fit.

The only jacket that I feel comfortable layering underneath is my Teamster; with anything else I feel like the Michelin Man. Speaking of which, a Teamster might be another alternative. My input would be for the OP to go with four jackets instead of three. For my part, I don't think life would be tolerable without at least five jackets. :D

Doylum

New in Town
Hey folks,

Thanks for the suggestions. As usual I'm getting confused.

I'm about 6'2" - 189cm, slim build, with a lot of height coming from my back. So I like slim fitting style jackets and less so on the boxy ones.

Been looking this evening at all your suggestions. No one has mentioned the slim fit HB or a Hercules.

Funny thing is last time I went in to Aero I had in mind that I'd be buying a Northeaster... Ended up with a BR.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The slim fit Half-Belt is the 1930s HB which Fanch and I have been mentioning. Or are you talking about Aeros Premium Line?

Hey folks,

Thanks for the suggestions. As usual I'm getting confused.

I'm about 6'2", slim build, with a lot of height coming from my back. So I like slim fitting style jackets and less so on the boxy ones.

Been looking this evening at all your suggestions. No one has mentioned the slim fit HB or a Hercules.

Funny thing is last time I went in to Aero I had in mind that I'd be buying a Northeaster... Ended up with a BR.

Doylum

New in Town
The slim fit Half-Belt is the 1930s HB which Fanch and I have been mentioning. Or are you talking about Aeros Premium Line?
Ah right. I didn't realise you were talking about the slim fit HB.
What's the difference between the normal HB and the premium line?

I can't seem to find the Sheene.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Ah right. I didn't realise you were talking about the slim fit HB.
What's the difference between the normal HB and the premium line?

I can't seem to find the Sheene.

You may want to look up pictures of the 1930s Slim Fit Half Belt and the Premier Half-Belt, but from what I have seen the major difference in the pattern is that the 1930s HB has bigger armholes, accordingly wider sleeves and is wider in the chest and shoulders but then heavily tapered down through the body, so it's close fitting. The Premier Half-Belt or the Premier Line in general has very high armholes and is just straight down tubularly tight fitting, pretty much like the Board Racer. I haven't owned either but I imagine the 1930s Slim Fit to be more comfortable to wear.

The Sheene is the Cafe Racer pattern with a normal shirt collar basically, so a very tapered slim fitting design with broad shoulders. It's so snug that some people add extra width to the side panels. It's crazy cool if you have the body for it though. Look here:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/my-new-aero-sheene.77235/

Last edited:

Thebuzzard

One of the Regulars
I think the sheene is a thurston bros makeup, aero may make one for you as a custom order

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Doylum

New in Town
I love my zip sleeve Aero Bootlegger in brown FQHH. If I had the chance to do it over...I would get the Bootlegger in battered tan. Would make for a great looking jacket IMHO.
HD
I must admit, a slim fit Bootlegger in battered tan sounds pretty good to me.

I like the angled zip, makes it feel a bit different.

GW KY

Practically Family
I love my zip sleeve Aero Bootlegger in brown FQHH. If I had the chance to do it over...I would get the Bootlegger in battered tan. Would make for a great looking jacket IMHO.
HD
I'm 6'1 and trim, 42 normal jacket. I downsized to a 38 highwayman with added length and sleeve length per Carrie's suggestion. It's not boxy at all, haven't tried the premiere hwy, but like the original better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ