Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you called?

griffer

Practically Family
Snappy dresser, sharpest guy in town, or just "Griffer" for short.

(Wow, that sounds arrogant. Not intended. I just wear a lot of suits and hats, versus my circle of friends. My madras shorts and guayaberas with flip-flops blows that up)

BTW, not strictly vintage, I mix in elements from the 30s & 40s, but I don't look like I fell of a movie set.

NTTAWT.

*also been called some not very nice things, too. The worst sobriquet was inspired many different times- my silver wire rims, black hat, dark suit, black trench, penchant for schnapps and blond hair don't help. No, I don't own Indy Magnoli's replica of the infamous travel hangar.

mikepara

Practically Family
Nah as soon as you label it it becomes something to be or to grow out of. I've been called many things but now I'm just a man who likes certain styles and items plucked without to many rules from the 20th Century!

Too many different folks on here to narrow it down with a single genre name!

There's dabblers, some purists, some operate within a rigid narrow timeframe, some like but don't wear, There's 20's - 60's and sometimes all of it within the same wardrobe. How can you put a cult name on that?

December

One of the Regulars
mikepara said:
There's dabblers, some purists, some operate within a rigid narrow timeframe, some like but don't wear, There's 20's - 60's and sometimes all of it within the same wardrobe. How can you put a cult name on that?

This is very true!

Different people see things different ways too. So what might be an acceptable name for one person, another might find insulting.

Why does it need a name anyway? Why can't we just be "fans of bygone eras"?

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
mikepara said:
Nah as soon as you label it it becomes something to be or to grow out of. I've been called many things but now I'm just a man who likes certain styles and items plucked without to many rules from the 20th Century!

Too many different folks on here to narrow it down with a single genre name!

Mikepara..

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

kyda

One of the Regulars
I have been told that I am chic and Elegant, so I like those tittles or my ultimate title is Mrs Smart, oh mummy is a close second.

inge77

New in Town
various names and words

Well, I get called "weird" by mean/closed-minded people, but also original, unusual, and different. No one I know actually knows anything about vintage, antique, or the rest of it. That's partly why I'm here.

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
Edward said:
...self-identify as an anarcho-dandyist. :)

Oh, my god. I have to go edit my facebook profile. :eusa_clap

I am normally averse to giving myself categories and titles, but this could work. As for things that other people call me, most are not appropriate or have been covered by Diamondback's earlier post.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
my boyfriend calls me his vintage doll, my friends call it Retro-tastic or Vintage-tastic, my family says that instead of and identity crisis I am in a constant state of decade crisis. One of my really close gay friends heard that called me decade confused

DerMann

Practically Family
One of my friends calls me 'twenties kid' in jest.

Most of the time I tell people I'm an Anglophile (true) and that dressing well comes with the title. So Anglophile is what a lot of people call me these days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran