Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Screenshot_20220415-180606.png

The Shoe

One Too Many
Back in the late ‘70s through the ‘80s and into the early ‘90s when I left, the New Zealand scene was really interesting. The pop bands couldn’t get play due to the commercial radio stations playing sure things from overseas
But the record label Flying Nun ensured the alternative scene flourished. I’ve been listening to one of my all time favourite from that era - Straitjacket Fits - to and from work for the last few days…
Nobody (John Cale came close) has ever covered Leonard Cohen as well…

Slimshady201

New in Town
Back in the late ‘70s through the ‘80s and into the early ‘90s when I left, the New Zealand scene was really interesting. The pop bands couldn’t get play due to the commercial radio stations playing sure things from overseas
But the record label Flying Nun ensured the alternative scene flourished. I’ve been listening to one of my all time favourite from that era - Straitjacket Fits - to and from work for the last few days…
Nobody (John Cale came close) has ever covered Leonard Cohen as well…
I`ve heard a lot of Hallelujah covers that were very good indeed but not so many Marianne covers. This one was quite different from the original. Can`t recall Straitjackets I`ll have to look them up when I get a chance. I think that Marianne was a girl/woman from Norway not far from where I`m now living.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto