Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
78s to count empty pop bottles by --

First up, Noel Coward in 1940, with his jaunty ode to the brave dads of the Home Guard, "Could You Please Oblige Us With a Bren Gun?"

Coming next, Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra in 1934 with vocals by Ken Darby and Ramona on "A Picture of Me Without You," one of Cole Porter's lesser-known "list songs." "Picture Barbara Hutton without a nickel, picture poor Mr. Heinz, my dear, without a pickle! Picture Ogden Nash without a rhyme, picture Mr. Bulova without the time!" And so on and on.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Suzy Solidor"

A double CD of that saucy French Chanteuse "Suzy Solidor" includes a wonderful rendition of "Lilli Marlene"

B000A7IJT2.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

3391797884_e031d4b00c_m.jpg

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Shangas said:
The Ink Spots - "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire".

Great Ink Spots number. Which reminds me, I think my Ink Spots CD is under my car seat somewhere.

For the last couple of days, it's been Beverly Kenney. Most recently: Swingin' on a Star

I want to marry that woman's voice. It just makes me melt, no matter what the song is. She could read the directions off the backs of shampoo bottles to me and I'll be in heaven. [angel]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy