Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
I was in my office, today, and heard a sort of wailing young male voice, sounded as if he was having tummy problems, I wandered around the 42nd floor, only to find a young chappie listening to a a "Rap" song on the radio, I had to say, "Mr ****** do you realise that TWO generations, of young men your age, lay down their lives, so that you, and other young scaliwags may listen to songs about "Hoes" & "Bling?"....Youth is wasted on the young

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
another reason I'm thankful...

our children have absorbed the music of old movies , especially musicals and of the golden era they've been fed a steady diet of all these years. And they have heard us sing songs of the faith with us both being in church choirs for many years now. Our almost 13yo son likes to sing Cole Porter and Irving Berlin songs, and our almost 15yo daughter right now likes the songs of the Christian band "Casting Crowns". A favorite of hers is "Amazing Grace (My chains are gone)"by Chris Tomlin. She's been hearing AG her whole life, we starting singing it to her when she was born. Fortunately, things like H___ (a word we never using here) and Bling aren't in their mind set or vocabulary.

[QUOTcaluary or mind setyE=BinkieBaumont]I was in my office, today, and heard a sort of wailing young male voice, sounded as if he was having tummy problems, I wandered around the 42nd floor, only to find a young chappie listening to a a "Rap" song on the radio, I had to say, "Mr ****** do you realise that TWO generations, of young men your age, lay down their lives, so that you, and other young scaliwags may listen to songs about "Hoes" & "Bling?"....Youth is wasted on the young[/QUOTE]

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
BinkieBaumont said:
I was in my office, today, and heard a sort of wailing young male voice, sounded as if he was having tummy problems, I wandered around the 42nd floor, only to find a young chappie listening to a a "Rap" song on the radio, I had to say, "Mr ****** do you realise that TWO generations, of young men your age, lay down their lives, so that you, and other young scaliwags may listen to songs about "Hoes" & "Bling?"....Youth is wasted on the young

Actually...its quite a bit more like....Two generations of young men laid down their lives so that we all could have the -freedom- to listen to whatever the heck we wanted, including things others might not like.

;)

Dixie_Amazon said:
"Toy Trumpet" on DirecTV Ch. 801, XM's 40's on 4 which actually plays 30's and 40's.
I actually tuned into 40's on for on Channel 801 today! I had flipped to it after Cool Bobby B's Doo-Wop show on 50's on 5 last nite and decided it would be a nice relaxing station to listen to whilst cleaning today!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A program of "soft mellow music by By Woodbury and his Orchestra, originating from the studios of KDYL in Salt Lake City, and brought to you through the National Broadcasting Company." Coming thru via SSTRAN on a Silvertone table radio that I finally brought back to life after tripping over it in my garage for the past eighteen years.

JennyLou

Practically Family
dr greg said:
Saw Charlie Haden the other night, I'm not a huge jazz fan but it was pretty good, put it this way, 90 minutes went in a flash and I wanted more, which I can't say for most bebop etc.

I kinda dig bebop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points