Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Sunny

One Too Many
A playlist of my own compilation, intended to keep me from falling asleep while studying accounting. At the moment:

La Boccherini la Musica Notturna Delle Strade Di Madrid No. 6, Op. 30, from the Master and Commander soundtrack.

It will shortly to change to something Mancini (Charade, "Baby Elephant Walk), something Bernard Herrmann (North by Northwest, "Lisa" from Rear Window), something Glenn Miller or Bennie Goodman, or the entire "I Spy" (television) soundtrack. Nice/peculiar mix of 'sixties, 'thirties/forties, and classical. [huh]

panamag8or

Practically Family
I was listening to a college softball game on the internet through a station I used to work at, and the guy running the board, not being the brightest guy around, forgot to turn off the internet feed. So, I'm listening to "Big Band Saturday Night". Not too shabby.

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Dire Straits, the album is Brothers in Arms.

'Now the sun's gone to hell
And the moon's riding high
Let me bid you farewell
Every man has to die
But it's written in the starlight
And every line in your palm
We're fools to make war
On our brothers in arms!'

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Now that Dan G mentioned Dire Straits, I'm starting to wish I had the MP3 of Sultans of Swing. Not usually a fan of vocals, but some really good instrumentals in that one.

Curse you, Dan, for planting that one in my head!lol

Mark Knofler is a musical genius. Such an incredible guitar player.:eusa_clap

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Soundtrack to Miyazaki's "Spirited Away"....just magical!................Oh and Amy Winehouse is fantastic I agree!

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
I'm alternating Amy Winehouse and Air today. It's such a shame that Winehouse parties so hard. She's so talented, but I'm afraid her lifestyle will catch up with her in the end. A friend of mine said she started her set drunk at Cochella, and left the stage after the first song for another drink before returning to slur the rest of her songs. Such a pity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff