Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
BuddyJ said:
I'm alternating Amy Winehouse and Air today. It's such a shame that Winehouse parties so hard. She's so talented, but I'm afraid her lifestyle will catch up with her in the end. A friend of mine said she started her set drunk at Cochella, and left the stage after the first song for another drink before returning to slur the rest of her songs. Such a pity.

Yes, I have heard it through the Grapevine that she and her pals, allegedly including Ms Kate Moss, create havoc in some of the Camden pubs here. Mind you history would maybe suggest that very gifted musicians often tend to push themselves in all the wrong directions!!

It's a real shame when you have paid to witness it though!!!! I think that I would be pretty angry if I were you friend.

Fabulous singer though!

mikepara

Practically Family
Just playing Bjork's new album 'Volta' music wise it's good so far. Packaging however is rubbish! cardboard 'door' type cover split down the middle and sealed with a sticker, which ruins the package the moment its first opened.:eek: Then can't reseal it.:mad: you'll have to see one to appreciate how crap the whole package is. Mmn typical Bjork I suppose.

dundeedavie

One of the Regulars
despite being an R&B dj i very rarely listen to any R&B on my ipod [huh] ... at the moment it's loaded with old time radio dramas and 50's swing stuff and modern swing like the Crown Royal Revue , some sad songs , redneck comedy (don't ask me why) and a fair amount of total cheese :D

S

Samsa

George Harrison - "Got My Mind Set On You"

Over and over and over and over and over again.

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
I'm listening to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's self titled cd. Besides Dean Martin, it's a great way to wake up in the morning. I'm kinda hyped because on Friday the 1st BBVD are going to be in Cleveland at the House of Blues I've got tickets plus a press pass- which hopefully translates into some good pix!!

Also in my playlist is a general mix of war time swing. I've got a bunch of the Dorsey's, Andrews Sisters, and a lot of Bing! I've Vivaldi's Four Seasons in there too. Then... somewhere in the stack of cds I take everywhere with me are a couple of...newer guys:rolleyes: I'm a country dj so I've got a couple people I'm fond of. Mainly Gary Allan and Trent Tomlinson (who I'm told I bare a striking resemblance to.)

Scuffy

MissJayne

New in Town
I'm listening to...

I've been lurking but I just read "Spitfire's" comments on Pink Floyd and just had to say I saw Roger Waters perform Dark Side of the Moon for the second time last week - it was awesome - he did so much more (again) especially stuff from The Wall. I adore Roger Waters. And Roger Daltrey - maybe I have a thing for men named Roger?! Anyway - I'm listening to Queen - Another One Bites The Dust and Don't Stop Me Now - I'll never get tired of listening to Freddie - I still feel so sad to think that he's no longer with us.

S

Samsa

I've been listening to "Before the Great Collapse" by Jedi Mind Tricks over and over.

Probably not good for my mental health.

Samsa said:
I've been listening to "Before the Great Collapse" by Jedi Mind Tricks over and over.

Probably not good for my mental health.

How much worse can it possibly be than having a relative who loves to sing "It's A Small World After All", repeatedly, and off-key to boot?:eek: lol

LA Loungers, this is why, when I drop into your area this summer, I'll be packin' my pistol-range earplugs.

S

Samsa

Diamondback said:
How much worse can it possibly be than having a relative who loves to sing "It's A Small World After All", repeatedly, and off-key to boot?:eek: lol

LA Loungers, this is why, when I drop into your area this summer, I'll be packin' my pistol-range earplugs.

Haha, true. The song I mentioned is a suicide letter turned into a song, which is what I meant by bad for my mental health. To be sure, it's probably a more cheerful experience than listening to "It's a Small World After All.":D

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Today is the attack of the 1980s..

Billboards top ten for each year.
Starting with 1981....
"Jessie's Girl", "Physical", "9 to 5", "Queen of Hearts"
Next 1983 and 1986!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy