Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
McKinney's Cotton Pickers.
McKinney%27s-Cotton-Pic-7a.jpg

Im listening to them! :eusa_clap

Shovelhead

New in Town
Radio Free Amsterdam, with "Frantic" Ernie Durham. A recording of one hour of his show on WBBC, Flint Michigan from November 1958. Ernie was a prominent R&B DJ on this and WJLB in Detroit in the 50's and 60's.

One story about Ernie is that he used to close out his show in Flint, jump in his car and speed to Detroit, getting in the studio as the intro was playing..........

betty valentine

New in Town
Cab Calloway! :)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D44pyeEvhcQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D44pyeEvhcQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Shirin

A-List Customer
As of currently I am listening to Blue Skies on the album Big Band Movie Hits of the 40s by Hollywood All-Star Band. I really like their interpretations, very beautiful orchestration.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Hey Hadley

It's McKinney's again, this time Cotton Picker's Scat (1930).
Click to play

The slightly unfortunate title refers to the wordless singing of saxophonist George Thomas, who went and got himself killed in a car accident a few days later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner