Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

S

Samsa

Doran said:
I cannot listen to "Lorelei" without a tear. Same with the one about the rent boy dying in the big city. And "the sunny side of the street." And --

"The Broad Majestic Shannon" is the one that does it for me.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Yahoo!!!

I've got the old Zenith and the new Spartan fired up, and sending to them 2 albums from the CD player set on spiral (so they alternate): "Tex Ritter's Greatest Hits", and "The Collection: Patsy Cline".
Couldn't find my Bob Wills CD. Darn!

K

killertomata

All I could hear was the construction workers outside my window- right outside- rapping/singing some song about someone's mama... so now I'm blasting them with Sno Qualimie Jo Jo by Bing Crosby and the Music Maids.

I felt like yelling, "TAKE THAT you uncooth bumcrack showin' obnoxious vulgar... rude people!" But I didn't.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I am a little late with jumping on the Amy Winehouse bandwagon, but I am loving it so! She has an amazing voice and really does the 60's soul great.

S

Samsa

Mahler's 1st Symphony. I've been listening to more classical recently.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
carter said:
Raindrops dripping from the eaves, the distant sound of thunder, my dog snoring.

I love a rainy day. :)
Thanks for waking up the green eyed monster! :p lol I live for rainy days, and we haven't had one in weeks! :mad:

I've been listening to lots of Madeleine Peyroux and Juliette Greco lately.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just recently started listing to late 20's/early 30's "country music" (I guess that's the proper term. More specifically, the Carter Family and Jimmie Rodgers. It drives my 13 year-old daughter crazy, so I just turn up the volume and sing along ...

Rooster

Practically Family
I love that stuff too Big Man. I like the old singing cowboy music too. All that yoddling, can't be beat.:D

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm glad to hear there are others who like that kind of music, too. Right now I've got Charlie Poole and the North Carolina Ramblers playing. Makes me want to go out and drink some bootleg liquor. :D

shebagrl

Familiar Face
If you haven't tried Pandora, yet, it's such fun. http://www.pandora.com is the website. Whatever your taste, you can create your own stations with favorite songs or bands. Based on many different factors, the program automatically recommends and plays music for you. You can give it a thumbs up or down. My Glenn Miller station is all I've been listening to for weeks!

When in the car, I listen to Sirius radio's Sinatra station or to cds. It does the trick mighty fine :)

LindyTap

Familiar Face
Lately I've gotten into bebop, stuff like Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Max Roach, just to name a few. I've always liked jazz, but bebop was a little beyond me, but my understanding of rythym has gotten better, so I can appreciate it more now. Any body else here like jazz?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner