Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
houseman.jpg

You all have Skulls. Full of. Mush.
Think...like a LAWYAH!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
78s to face the snow shovel by --

Starting off in 1935 with a dandy 12-inch Victor by Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra offering a Medley From "Jubilee," the best Cole Porter musical to completely disappear after its original run. Selections worked into nine elegant minutes include "Just One Of Those Things," "Why Shouldn't I," "Me and Marie," "A Picture of Me Without You," "Begin The Beguine," and "When Love Comes Your Way." Ramona, Ken Darby, Bud Linn, and the King's Men step in from time to time with vocals. A great record, even if they do inexplicably leave out "The Kling-Kling Bird on the Divi-Divi Tree."

Next, 1934 brings us Freddy Martin and his Orchestra, with Bro. Feldkamp vocalizing "There's A Little Picture Playhouse In My Heart." Which is where I've got to go shovel snow once I get done with it here.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
78s to face the snow shovel by --

Starting off in 1935 with a dandy 12-inch Victor by Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra offering a Medley From "Jubilee," the best Cole Porter musical to completely disappear after its original run. Selections worked into nine elegant minutes include ..."Begin The Beguine..."

Artie Shaw's clarinet lead of his band is the Beguine at its best.:rapture:

Schubert, String Quartet No. 14 in D minor
"Death and the Maiden"
:coffee:

(Army will defeat Navy):fencing::D
...:faint: :eeek:
congratulations to the United States Navy :eusa_clap

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Radio to get used to a new night off by --

It's May 21, 1941, and we're in the ol' Kraft Music Hall, where, following an elegant performance by guest Duke Ellington and a commercial for Miracle Whip, Bing Crosby and Connee Boswell are performing their own version of the king of all ear-worms, "The Hut Sut Song." Only instead of dealing with the Swedish boy and girl and all that, this version is all about Chinese food. "Moo goo gai pan, leechee nut, and Chicago-style chop suey..." Now that's what I call multiculturalism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav