Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 4 in D III. Rondo-Andante grazioso :)

How lovely it is today!
The sunlight breaks and flickers
on the margin of my book.

Ninth Century Irish Monastic Poem

:coffee:

Kishtu

Practically Family
Ada, Jelly Roll in your house would be truly terrifying, as I believe he's been dead for some time.... :p

(Although for some reason the idea of revenant jazz musicians doesn't scare me as much as the prospect of undead members of some "popular beat combos" I could name...)

I'm currently listening to the printer next to me making distressed noises, but am in the mood for a bit of Doris Day when I get home. DD is cooking music to me, always has been, always will be, and tonight is a night for some good old-fashioned Lancashire cooking!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Huge rattling ventilation fan in the ceiling over my desk. My brand new office building has a lousy climate control system, which makes it hot and cold at the same time, and has blowers in the ceiling that sound like a helicopter trying to take off. Lots of fun trying to carry on a phone conversation with all that racket right above your head. Not exactly Moonlight Serenade.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Recently purchased my first iPod. Tape-converters in the car make the work commute so much better. I can only listen to my Nas - Illmatic cassette again and again for so long. Recent playlists are more likely to include:

The Dirtbombs - Ultraglide in Black
Buck 65 - Language Arts
Fugazi - Argument

Oddball mix

After seven years of no turntable, and the miserable Ex's shoddy gift CD player gave out,
I impulse bought a low quality C-note Chinese disposable, but it plays every media laying around here
(CD, cassette tape, 33-45-78 disk, & FM/AM radidio), but what an odd mix got trotted out (from what I could unpack from it's dusty grave), inc'l.:
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum
Delaney & Bonnie & Friends w/ Eric Clapton
Hank Thompson & his Brazos Valley Boys
Alvin Crow & his Pleasant Valley Boys
Bob Wills & his Texas Playboys 1935 anthology
Copperhead w/ John Cippolina
Old Timey label from 1977-ish w/ various Western Swing bands
Spade Cooley transcripts
and the 78s:
WPLJ
Stranded in the jungle
Why Don't You Eat Where You Slept Last Night - Zuzu Bolin
Now I have got to find the boxes of my GOOD records! Damn that darn Ex!
Back to Radio Dismuke to calm down...

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Tom Waits' 3 cd set Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards has been on constant rotation in my car, especially the Brawlers cd. I think it's starting to finally affect my brain, I had really weird dreams set to his music last night. [huh]

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PMI2QhHn85Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PMI2QhHn85Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I know those of you from the UK and Europe are probably really tired of hearing her, but I like Lily Allen's album a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24