Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
Let's see, today it's been

Erik Petersen
Flogging Molly's newest album "Float"
Cock Sparrer
Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution
A Wilhelm Scream

Sunny

One Too Many
The Shadow of Fu Manchu, 1939 radio serial. Some of the episodes are mis-labeled and I'm trying to remember from the books in what order things occured. (And also trying to recognize a certain voice actor - it's driving me crazy!)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Sunny -- a good essay on Shadow of Fu Manchu, including cast members, is here: http://www.radioarchives.org/sets/PC08.htm

Quite a few familiar folks in it, and a lot of doubling going on.

As for me, I'm listening to Jan Garber, the Idol of the Airlanes, and his Orchestra, doing a meticulous imitation of Guy Lombardo -- except that his vocalist lacks Carmen's dynamic nasal vibrato.

Ah, that one is over, and now Bing Crosby, c. 1934, is crooning "Love In Bloom" -- a really fine song before Jack Benny latched on to it.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I've been listening to Guitarist Kenny Burrell quite a lot lately, as well as an assortment of John Coltrane, and Wesetern Swing goodies from Asleep At The Wheel.

Sunny

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
Sunny -- a good essay on Shadow of Fu Manchu, including cast members, is here: http://www.radioarchives.org/sets/PC08.htm

Quite a few familiar folks in it, and a lot of doubling going on.

That was a big help. Aha! The actor I was puzzling over plays Bart Kerrigan. I think now that that was Frank Nelson. The announcer on most of them is definitely Gerald Mohr; I recognized him with the first sentence in the first episode. He's a real doubler and tripler!

I have a very strong suspicion that Burke in episode 36 (by the numbering I've got) is Jack Webb. His enunciation isn't so clipped and forceful, but it's still a distinctive voice.

It's funny that many episode labels call Shan Greville "Sean Grebble." lol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm listening to Cake's Stickshifts and Safety Belts over and over in my head--I can't get rid of this earworm this morning!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy