Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Ripper

Familiar Face
I have some MP3's of old time radio, two are complete broadcast days one from Sept. 21st 1939 and one from June 6th 1944. I have one that is just news stories from WWII. Very interesting and the comercials are great !

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Waiting impatiently for the kettle to boil and listening to Phil Harris and his Orchestra, with their 1935 recording of "I'd Like To Take Orders From You." Phil himself offers an appropriately obedient vocal.

Next up: a really obnoxious commercial for Pall Mall cigarettes. "Modern Design will win the war! Modern Design leads the way in smoking enjoyment!"

Burnsie

Right now: the Andrews Sisters "Any Bonds Today?" (got Women of WWII box set in the cd changer)
Last night: Connie Boswell, Bing Crosby, and the Paul Whiteman orchestra on 78's
In the car: Tommy Duncan and his Western All Stars "Texas Moon" CD
In my head on and off: This song I wrote on ukulele recently about a wishing star

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Now I'm listening to a few 1940s Stan Kenton 78rpm albums I found at a thrift store today.
One of the albums is titled "Stan Kenton Encores", from 1949. Sounds great and the cover on this one is very interesting - looks like Stan is conducting on the Astral Plane.....

2461340224_78f43a9c3c.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
RetroToday said:
Now I'm listening to a few 1940s Stan Kenton 78rpm albums I found at a thrift store today.
One of the albums is titled "Stan Kenton Encores", from 1949. Sounds great and the cover on this one is very interesting - looks like Stan is conducting on the Astral Plane.....

2461340224_78f43a9c3c.jpg

That's a very famous album cover. Kenton was always the high art guy among bandleaders.

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Taco, After Eight. On vinyl.

Their version of "Puttin' on the Ritz" can be happily Spooky when you're home alone...man... Sounds like ghosts are playing the instruments as they fly by :eek: lol

2474138943_01177a3229.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran