Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Woke up with a bad cramp in my leg and am bouncing around to try and get rid of it, to the accompaniment of Mildred Bailey with Red Norvo and his Orchestra, and their 1935 recording of "A Porter's Love Song To A Chambermaid." A great tune to shake-a-leg to.

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
pamina said:
Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye - Vera Lynn ^^

I love Vera! I just bought her album 'Yours' last month and have been enjoying it since!

Right now it's the 'Sweet Hollywaiians'. If you aren't familiar with the artists of then, you would swear this was of the time! Brilliant and talented are few words to describe their stuff. 'Home' just puts me in a relaxed mood.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
pamina said:
at the moment i'm listening to thesong "Reviewing The Situation" from the musical "Oliver Twist". does anybody of you like musicals? i am addicted to them ! i love it ^^

I like musicals very much. I'm a Sondheim guy.

zaika

One Too Many
i like musicals too. but some of the new ones really irritate me. like 'wicked.' bring on 'seven brides for seven brothers!!" lol and, actually, the 1992 musical 'crazy for you' is enjoyable to listen to...prolly 'cause it's all gershwin.

today i'm listening to tv shows on my iPod while i do overtime data entry. "tim and eric awesome show" and "harvey birdman: attorney at law." i never said i wasn't a dork. :p

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
zaika said:
i like musicals too. but some of the new ones really irritate me. like 'wicked.' bring on 'seven brides for seven brothers!!" lol and, actually, the 1992 musical 'crazy for you' is enjoyable to listen to...prolly 'cause it's all gershwin.

today i'm listening to tv shows on my iPod while i do overtime data entry. "tim and eric awesome show" and "harvey birdman: attorney at law." i never said i wasn't a dork. :p

I adore musicals - loved Oklahoma! and State Fair and so, so many others.

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Following a long bout of listening to old 78s on my gramophone and phono player I've gotten hooked on digital mp3s this week. I renewed my cellphone contract and got one that has a camera and music player, so that's my new addiction - transferring files to it and listening every chance I get.

I find that I'm gravitating a lot to one song in particular on that player, "Love is a Losing Game" by Amy Winehouse. Wish she'd get her act cleaned up in real life, I don't want another great singer to go the way so many have in the past. The musician backing her are incredible too, she's lucky to have those great people, or maybe she doesn't anymore, been a while since that album came out.

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Now I'm listening to Hank Williams Sr., Faron Young, George Jones, Buck Owens and a little Lefty Frizzell. All of them are old Country Music tear-jerkers - they rock! :p

"Hello Walls" by Faron Young is playing right now....
There's only a slight few of the modern "New Country" musicians I can tolerate, and most of those follow the older traditions.

I love some of Goldfrapp's stuff too - maybe I'll throw that on next....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley