Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Peter Sellers - Dipso Calypso (on lastfm if you're interested)

There was a show on his life on the public radio station last nite. So tragic. He recorded a lot of music!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
78s to cook macaroni and cheese by --

Now playing, Gus Arnheim and his Cocoanut Grove Orchestra in 1932, with a great arrangement of one of my favorite songs, "You're Blase." Very smooth, very sophisticated, very danceable, with an excellent vocal by Meri Bell, in whose range I can actually sing along. Not that you'd want to hear it.

Next up, Rudy Vallee and his Connecticut Yankees in 1936, and "There's Always a Happy Ending." Rudy gets a raw deal nowadays, being seen as a camp figure more than anything else, but he had a first-class mid-thirties dance band, and always had an impeccable sense of exactly what songs would best suit his style.

splatt

One of the Regulars
Going through a bit of an 80's period at the moment, and i found a great 2 cd compilation pack called "80's Movie Hits" :)

The 80's really were the era of big, big films and huge selling soundtracks. Think Dirty Dancing, Top Gun and Beverly Hills Cop. Add in The Breakfast Club, Back To The Future, Flashdance, Fame, An Officer And A Gentleman, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Cocktail, Purple Rain, the list goes on. Includes the hit singles and tracks from the aforementioned films and other from, St. Elmos Fire, Ghostbusters, Arthur, The Lost Boys, Jewel in the Nile, The Big Chill, Platoon, Anger Heart, Cocktail and many more. Universal. 2006.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
kitty hopes they're not using gut strings...

right now a fedora-oriented opus of 1934, My Hat's on the Side of My Head, by Vincent Lopez with Frances Hunt canarying. Impressively swinging arrangement for Lopez and for the day, with entirely too much crush roll drumming.

Vincent%20Lopez.jpg

just_me

Practically Family
Nathan Dodge said:
I think I still can remember all of the lyrics to "Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts"! I used to obsess over that album.
It is still a great album. Hadn't listened to it in a long while and I realize I still love it.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Starius said:
I've been listening to the whole album, "Koop Island" for a couple days now and the whole thing is good. Gets the thumbs up from me.

Well you're in Iowa, right? If you throw hard enough, I'll be waiting on the other side of the river in Omaha to catch it! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails