Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

kools

Practically Family
Right now it's my Pachuco Boogiecd...current track, "Buena Vista Swing" by Conjunto Alamo. This is one of those tunes that regularly gets stuck in my head.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"chained"

Tonights main feature will be "Lux Radio theatre's production of Chained" staring Joan Crawford and Herbert Marshal:

492057007_5473f4efaa_m.jpg

"Hedda, .....Louella, what a delightful suprise to see you both...would you care to take tea?, ....what ??????????..... oh no!, I never laid a finger on the ungreatful brat, sorry, i meant the child "

Frykitty

Familiar Face
”Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that.” - Steve Earle ...

Right now I'll have to agree. Delta Momma Blues is a masterpiece.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Bill Evans Complete Village Vanguard Recordings 1961

411zNK0sUmL._SS500_.jpg

My all-time favorite Jazz recording--if I've claimed differently before, I retract-- since I heard it over fifteen years ago, and one I have memorized from countless listenings, though I just picked this, the definitive version, a few days ago!

These recordings are always fresh and always will be.

kools

Practically Family
Johnny Otis "Too Late To Hollar" from '48-'49.
Track listing:
Right Now baby
Love and Gold
Poor Man Blues
I'll Laugh While You Cry
Hold It
If I Had One
Korea Blues
Loving Baby Blues
That's Your Last Boogie
If I'm Wrong
So Help Me
Ice Man
Chicken Leg Chick
Don't Trust A Woman
Country Gal
Be Bop Baby Blues
Crazy 'Bout Your Cooking
Come To Me

kools

Practically Family
St. Louis Blues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been listening to Blind Connie Williams and a lot of Muddy Waters since I got this 1930's Regal Dobro from my wife for my birthday.

Quite lovely...it's easy to get me on a Muddy Waters binge. Recently I was on a Big Crawford -via Muddy's early Chess recordings -binge.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I just discovered a song by a band called "Gomez". The tune is "How We Operate" and I have been listening to it for two days almost. Its an older song but new to me.
I've also re-discovered Neko Case. She can be retro or modern, rockabilly or sultry torch singer- she's great.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Spellbound"

Whilst sitting in my study, going over hatefull accounts, I heard some rather lovely "Cinematic" orchestral music drifting from the wireless in the drawing room, and it was terribly soothing, so , I looked on the ABC radio FM website, turns out its this. The spellbound suite was the piece they played, very lovely. however , commar, (pity there was no music from Rebbecca or Laura)

1050166.jpg

I'm going to the record store in the morning to hunt it down.(although Taras Bulba, rather, has me scratching my head)...but then it may turn out to be my prefered track
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7761300

Erich Kunztel and the Cincinatti Pops

Erich Kunztel and the Cincinatti Pops have numerous CD's out. They are usually quite good, and often have a specific theme to the CD.

This conductor and the orchestra stepped in to replace Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops Orchestra, which worked to re-introduce ordinary America to classical music. Fiedler & group were great on TV and EK often does PBS tv for many special occasions like Independence Day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran