Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

kools

Practically Family
Looking to relax tonight, I'm easin' it with some piano players. First, some Art Tatum solo & trio (with Tiny Grimes & Slam Stewart, yeah!) recordings, then, in a similar vein, Clarence Profit's 1939 solo recordings and his 1939/1940 trio recordings most noted for Jimmy Shirley's guitar. Also included is Profit's 1930-1935 work with he Washboard Serenaders. Perfectly mellow.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Chet Baker "V" the Other Mamma from "Mamma & the Pappas"

Since one bought ones Turntable /ipod/ thingemy /mp3 burner , one has been busy converting all of ones old vynil into MP3s

The last Album one converted was Michele Phillips ( the other Mama from Mama and the Papas) the thin one

Her 1977 album "Victim of Romance)

With titles like "Trashy Rumours" and a torch song delivery of the old Bee Gees song "Baby as you turn away"... heaven.... she sounds like a Heart broken Linda Rondstedt

Oh if the face is familiar she played Anne on "Knots Landing" in the late 1980's (its a TV soap apparently)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJy-JuKSaHc

S T U N N I N G G E L !!!

kools

Practically Family
Drivin' around today: Gene Krupa "Drummin' Man" & The Johnny Otis Radio Broadcasts. I cycle back to that Otis cd pretty often.

anon`

One Too Many
Tonight I find myself sitting, here in front of my loyal computer in an extraordinarily dark room and working up ideas on how best to attack the development of a personal statement, listening to the latest release by Qntal, [Translucida], currently on the third track, Slahte Wille.

Bonus: M-Audio has finally released Delta-series drivers for the Vista platform. Thus, I can finally pipe music through my computer-based audio chain as original envisaged: Audiophile 24/96 to a Headamp GS-1 and out through Beyerdynamic DT770/Pro cans.

Colour me happy =)

just_me

Practically Family
Panache said:
Perennial Favorites, The Squirrel Nut Zippers

I have heard of them before, but hadn't had a chance to listen to them.

Great stuff.

Cheers

Jamie'
I love Squirrel Nut Zippers. Try Bedlam Ballroom. :)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The Meatbox plays:

The Girl I Left Behind Me (Is Constantly Before Me) - Orville Knapp & Orch., 1935
One of the earliest (and most musicianly) "Mickey Mouse Bands" - electric organ and pedal steel, soprano sax lead, two-beat tuba, shuffle brushes, plenty of vibrato and dynamics. They called it the "Music of Tomorrow" then. It wasn't.

kools

Practically Family
Illinois Jacquet's All Stars 1945-1947 recordings, featuring Bill Doggett & Leo Parker. The great Freddie Green chuggin' along behind most of it. Blow blow blow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points