Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Night of a Hundred star"

I listened to this re-broadcast of a 1955 show from the London Palladium, Tyrone Power singing?! Marlene Dietrich, Bob Hope, and a wonderfull skit with Jack Benny being upstaged by a 12 yo girl during a duo on violin, she did "Fancy" bits when Jackson her told her to "downplay" and not be a show off lol

http://www.capitalcommunityradio.com/

nola89

Familiar Face
I've recently been listening to a lot of Count Basie, particularly Shiny Stockings and Li'l Darlin', guitarist Frank Vignola, and Charles Mingus at Carnegie Hall.

Eva Morsikova

Familiar Face
Mainly my 78s. Rachmaminoff, Ruth Etting's "exactly like you" (stuck in my head now), Wagner, Marlene Dietrich and the like.
They play quick so I'm up every few minutes of so changing the records.

just_me

Practically Family
nola89 said:
I've recently been listening to a lot of Count Basie, particularly Shiny Stockings and Li'l Darlin', guitarist Frank Vignola, and Charles Mingus at Carnegie Hall.
Have you heard Our Shining Hour - Sammy Davis and Count Basie? I first got this album in 1965 and it's still one of my favorites.

nola89

Familiar Face
just_me said:
Have you heard Our Shining Hour - Sammy Davis and Count Basie? I first got this album in 1965 and it's still one of my favorites.

I have but I don't own it. I really dig his singing on Work Song. I'll shoot another recommendation at you if you don't know, Basie and Zoot. Obviously a collaboration of the Count and Zoot Sims. Fantastic. I don't have the liner notes but it sounds like a quartet. The Count's band is absent. Just pure Basie with a little rhythm section.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Sunset Boulevarde

Lux radio theatre from 1951 with Gloria Swanson and William Holden, It was a bit disconcerting to hear the Audience giggling though!
3170922632_747320c57a_m.jpg

just_me

Practically Family
Thanks nola89. I'll look for it.

Right now I'm listening to Jimmy Buffet's musical - Don't Stop the Carnival based on a Herman Wouk novel of the same name.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
KRTU Radio Jazz for San Antonio

Lucky enough to catch an hour of John Sheridan and the Dream Band featuring Rebecca Kilgore. The albums are Easy as it Gets and Swing is still King. If you want to hear clips, check it out on Amazon/Border/Barnes and Nobel. . . I think they have a few free clips to hear.

Fantastic Music!

just_me

Practically Family
Chinese feng shui music I love Asian music when I have a lot to concentrate on at work but want some calming background music.

MKL

A-List Customer
I have been listening to several soundtracks:

Pearl Harbour
The Mummy
Phantom
Mona Lisa Smile

And also a little Tim Janis.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
TWIGGY V JULIE ANDREWS

Im listening to and trying to burn to my computer two soundtracks to "The Boyfriend" a Musical set in the 20's with classics such as "sur la plage"... On the beach to you! One starring Julie Andrews from the 1950's and the other from the 1971 movie starring Twiggy I've searched high and low to get this on DVD but alas to no avail!

The original Movie trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWUWDqXc0ZI

The "Busby Berkleyesque" fantasy sequence "I could be happy with you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h6Xg2Sg4YI&feature=related

I'm having probs with the software, its working well with the turntable and puter but when i playback through Itunes i just get a "Buz" ( and not in a nice way)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk