Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Vic 'n' Sade, Mis Appelrot Rearranges the Furniture, where the aforesaid Appelrot intimidates Sade into moving the furniture around to reflect 1940s style. Sade fumes to Rush about letting herself get bullied into moving heavy davenports around. This must be one of the shows when Art Van Harvey had suffered a heart attack and was off for a while and Uncle Fletcher hadn't come aboard yet.

martinsantos

Practically Family
After saying "Good Morning!!" to my neighbours with Duke Ellington, recording sessions of 1963... Time to take off the dust of ol' reel-to-reel.

Willliam Walton, Violin Concerto and Viola Concerto. With Menuhin and regency by Walton. Both Concertos just wonderful - but the Viola one is really impressive.

FRASER_NASH

One of the Regulars
TODAY..."Me so Horney, me love you long time..!"

Yes, it's the wonderful, irrepressible, Miss Lena Horne
Just playing Stormy Weather as I type away here...(bliss)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Radio for a night off --

It's October 6, 1963, and the Dodgers are about to sweep the Yankees four straight to win the 1963 World Series. I could almost forgive them for leaving Brooklyn. *Almost.*

Calling the game for Gillette and Chrysler over NBC radio are the immortal Ernie Harwell, and the highly-mortal Joe Garagiola, a man who never met a microphone he didn't want to steal.

I was probably looking at this game thru the bars of my playpen, but I wasn't paying much attention.

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
... and the highly-mortal Joe Garagiola, a man who never met a microphone he didn't want to steal.

:shocked: ;)
The Catcher with the Rye humor, Chicago Cubs alum :D, and a great guy.
Joe called baseball memories. :)
________

Geminiani: The Enchanted Forest;
Vivaldi: Concerto in D Major for Two Violins

martinsantos

Practically Family
Charlie Shavers playing Gershwin, String Orch by Sy Oliver.

A well-made record, Shavers tone is suberb, a great LP to talk with the wife after dinner - better with candle light.

But... I was specting much more. Sy is one of my preferred arrangers, Shavers usually is a hot player. This is not a record they could say their best.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
One of my favorite recital solos on saxophone...actually, it's great on any instrument.

Folks, I may have told you about the guy out in the Cali desert who makes his own Victor Program Transcriptions out of old plastic bottles, lampblack and gila monster spit. Well, he's out with another swell one, giving us 3 good solid mid-tempo sides by the ever reliable Bert Lown band.
Flip the Electrola to long play and set a spell for Alone in a Corner and My Success, 1931, and I Wish I Had Wings, 1932.
[video=youtube;aJYDFVRzqZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYDFVRzqZA[/video]
I know he knows how to spell Feldkamp. Is he try'na tell us something? [huh]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner