Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Ahh....youth
I think what he meant was such a complicated lyric came to him like a download. He no longer gets lyrics that way.

Correction: It was "Blowing In The Wind" that he says he wrote in something like 10 min. He talks about how he couldn't write "It's All Right Ma" today in this interview. It's obvious he didn't want to do this interview but he was under contract with Viacom to write the book & promote it for Simon & Schuster. Viacom owns the music, Simon & Schuster, CBS, & 60 Min.

Last edited:
Another great Dylan song; McGuinn did it best.

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I’m younger than that now

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just finished transferring a deteriorating reel of tape containing the radio broadcast of the 1976 All Star Game from Philadelphia, as called by Jack Buck, Brent Musberger (what does he know from baseball??) and Phillies broadcaster Andy Musser. It's the first CBS All Star Game broadcast since 1941, and the network isn't quite sure what to do -- cutting repeatedly between the game and the Democratic National Convention, where newsman George Herman is getting very snippy about Hubert Humphrey's speech going overtime. The game itself is an interesting souvenir of a time filled with forgotten superstars along the lines of Randy Jones, Ron LeFlore, Fred Lynn, and the ineffable Mark Fidrych, who starts the game and isn't quite up for the assignment. Neither, apparently, is Veterans Stadium, which is only six years old and already the carpet is wearing out. "I told you, get the warranty, but did you listen?"

The broadcast is an aircheck of WCAU in Philadelphia, a station I used to listen to at night after our local station signed off for the evening. The local commercial breaks have reactivated a bunch of rusty synapses in the back of my brain, and now I fear "Let's All Take A Tasty Break And Have a Lot of Fun! Tastykake is All The Good Things, All The Good Things Wrapped Up In One!" will be resonating in my head for the next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy