Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Confectionaerie

New in Town
Some of Kay Starr's earlier work, a series of takes with Joe Venuti and Les Paul. Otherwise? Lately, a lot of Neutral Milk Hotel, The Sea and Cake, and Elvis Costello.
I guess I'm kind of a mixed bag?

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
Just last night I was listening to Doc Watson....a few days ago I watched Neal Young perform on television, and I'm glad to say his voice is better than ever. I listen to all kinds of stuff really;)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Doris Day - Early Days - 1944-1949. I love her voice.

Also listening to a compilation - As Time Goes By: World War II Songs

I'm looking for some good 1940s Christmas music. Anyone have any suggestions?

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
AmateisGal said:
Doris Day - Early Days - 1944-1949. I love her voice.

Also listening to a compilation - As Time Goes By: World War II Songs

I'm looking for some good 1940s Christmas music. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, I love Doris Day too! She has a Christmas album, but it's from the sixties.

Good '40s music? Well, The Andrews Sisters did some, then there is "The Nutcracker Suite" by the Les Brown orchestra that can't be beat, but that may be later than the '40s. You may want to take a look at some compilations (Amazon has a good one).

But the best, above all? Why, Mr. Bing Crosby.

We should start a thread on good Christmas music once it's closer to that time of year! I have tons, and I'm always looking for new, fun stuff.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I saw the Bing Crosby one on Amazon - that's going to be a definite buy this year! I do have a Big Band Christmas compilation that I found one year - by far one of my favorite Christmas collections.

Yes - when Christmas gets closer, we definitely need to start a thread on great Christmas music!

Sarge

One of the Regulars
The last five on the playlist were:

Well Get It - Tommy Dorsey Orchestra
Boom Shot - Glenn Miller Orchestra
Racing With The Moon - Vaughn Monroe
The Lady's In Love with You - Glenn Miller Orchestra
Washington Whirligig - Charlie Barnet Orchestra

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
At the moment I'm listening to CocoRosie (love it)...... In a few minutes I'm going to listen to the album "Rum and Coca Cola" by The Andrews Sisters!!!

zaika

One Too Many
D'amor sull'ali rosee from Verdi's Il Trovatore as sung by the amazing Leontyne Price.

Just about ready to turn the record over....what do we have on this side?? Hmmm...selections from Madama Butterfly, La Rondine, Tosca, and Turandot. Is it possible to die from the beauty of someone's voice? Maybe I'm easily impressed. :D lol

carter

I'll Lock Up
Dean Martin in the car this morning. (I think my daughter is really getting to like 40's-50's music.) ;)

Windchimes on the deck with a hot cuppa. :)

Ripper

Familiar Face
Just discovered Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I was looking for a "different" Christmas album and picked up "Everything you want for Christmas" Awesome band ! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner