Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

ortega76

Practically Family
Cocktails With Cole Porter.

I'm waiting for my shirt to dry so I can iron it for tomorrow, so it's something to keep me peppy and awake. How can you fall asleep to the "High Society Calypso"?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Kilted_Surveyor said:
Tony Bennett and K.D. Lang A Wonderful World
K.D. Lang is one of the best female crooners ever.

I saw her live in 1990 and got blisters on my hands from clapping so much--one of the best shows I've ever been to--she did most of her material from Shadowland and Absolute Torch and Twang. "I Wish I Didn't Love You So" and "Crying" were particularly incredible.

Ying Ko

New in Town
"'Trip Tease' the Seductive Sounds of Tipsy", by Tipsy. Lounge-y instrumentals.

"Straight, No Chaser", by Thelonius Monk. 'Nuff said.

"The Complete Birth of the Cool", by Miles Davis. Ditto.

"Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar: the Betty Moran Case". Broadcast date 05/29/49. Starring Dick Powell. I've listened to this three times and I have no idea what happened, whodunit, and what the fuh. It's either the timbre of the actor's voice or the noir slang that's throwing me off. "She had the key all right, the key to unlock the bathroom and get the toilet paper, if you know what I mean." No, I don't know what you mean, Johnny Dollar. What do you mean? WHAT DO YOU MEAN???

zaika

One Too Many
anon` said:
Turisas! Song is To Holmgard and Beyond.

They'll be here in town with Ensiferum, Týr and Eluveitie in May. I'm so not cool with waiting for that show.

no kidding, really??? uh, i PM'ed you about it...:eek:

today i swtiched on some Glenn Miller, Ray Noble, and Norah Jones...and then turned it back to Nile. i think i might like Nile. just a little. LOL

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shirley Bassey, "How do I begin." I've loved her ever since her song "Goldfinger" for the film of the same name. I can't get enough of her.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I was listening to Eva Cassidy today in the car on the way to work. Her rendition of "Early Morning Rain" is really, really good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy