Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

zaika

One Too Many
Macedonian nuns and a priest chanting and singing the Divine Liturgy. again. ;) hands down my most favorite recording...of anything...ever.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Sting:

Murder by numbers
Englishman in New York
Shape of my heart
Fragile
Roxanne
When we dance
Every breath you take
Russians
Message in a bottle
If I ever lose my faith in you

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ramona and her Gang, with a snappy 1934 recording, "Every Now and Then." Ramona was the six-foot-tall pianist/singer with Paul Whiteman's Orchestra during the thirties, and she's passionately despised by most of the hotter-than-thou jazz purists of my acquaintance. Nertz to them, though -- I like her stuff.

Next up -- Ben Bernie, the Old Maestro, and All the Lads, circa 1931, with "99 Out of a Hundred Want To Be Loved," one of the very few successful pop tunes of the dance-band era to be written in 6/8 time. Yowsah!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I never say no to a 6' woman who can sing and play the piano. Let the purists scoff, and consider that you've as good as shaken the poor twits down for their musical lunch money in every note of pleasure you derive.

(I'm listening to the 6 Brown Bros. right now, transcribing several arrangements for a CD I'm about to be part of. I apologize if I read a little bloody-minded, however; that's for other reasons.)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I am a big old sap, I know..

Etta James - at last
Doris Day - perhaps, perhaps, perhaps
Andy Williams - music to watch the girls go by
Julie London - fly me to the moon

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Russ Columbo, in a live NBC radio broadcast from 1934, performing "The House Is Haunted (With The Echo Of Your Last Goodbye.) Not for nothing was he known as "Radio's Valentino."

Next up on the same program -- the latest Hollywood gossip from Jimmie Fidler, reporting on the tumultuous divorce proceedings between Rudy Vallee and Fay Webb. Scandalmonger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24