Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Shirin

A-List Customer
"Chicago" movie soundtrack. At least every day I play the whole thing once. I really like that song "Class" from the deleted scenes section.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Frances Langford Show" a 1947 episode, "The Picnic"

Singer-actress-Frances-Langford-Trouper-on-Bob-Hope-Tours-Died-at-92-3.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Ninety in the Shade, by Doc Daugherty and his good little band from Philadelphia, on the V-40000 series Victor Records in 1929. These were meant for "regional" artists, which usually meant country, but Doc's was a 10pc jazz outfit with himself on bass sax, alto and clarinet.

Listen here, and thank the Princeton Class of 1958 for their eclectic tastes.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
78s to burn my bacon by --

Now playing, Ina Ray Hutton and her Melodears in 1934, with "Georgia's Gorgeous Gal." A decade before the International Sweethearts of Rhythm, an all-female dance band that comes pretty close to swinging.

Next up, the ubiquitous Bob Causer and his Orchestra, also in 1934, and a straightforward businessman's-bounce recording of "Why Do I Dream Those Dreams?"

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Currently transferring the WNEW Saturday Night Swing Session broadcast for March 1, 1947 -- notable as one of the last live radio performances by the great Mildred Bailey, who was then very ill with diabetes and just four years away from death. But she could still sing, with Bobby Hackett and Jack Teagarden among those providing accompaniment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy