Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

hatguy1

One Too Many
The Union Station Massacre by Robt Unger. It's about the gunfight that occurred out front of Union Station in Kansas City, MO in the '20s BEFORE FBI AGENTS WERE ARMED.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Union-Station-Massacre-Original/dp/1933466081

More about the event http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_massacre

Union Station 8 Massacre plaque.jpg

Last edited:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Delilah, Marcus Goodrich's superb sea yarn.

Giacomo Leopardi's Zibaldone, a humongous monstrocity that will consume a year's office train commute.
Leopardi reminds Spinoza's chaste heart and solitaire cast.
Philosophy may have banished the sirens of Poetry from Boethius' prison cell and succored his melancholic state,
but she granted no such favors to Leopardi who seems confined to his reason and deaf to heart and soul.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Finish my book on Frida Kahlo...oh my Lord so much horror in those last years.... so many operations on her spine..... so much misery....months in bed with corsets.... pain killers..... omg...... I tell you the worst of the worst.... and then at the end....the doctors had to amputate her right leg to the knee because gangrene was settling in...it was all too much for Frida.

Problem is

we don't know how she died

did she killed herself with an accidental overdose? or not accidental?

was it just a pulmonary sickness?

I am angry

because

I wanted to know how did Frida died..............................some think she killed herself....... we have the right to know...and we DO NOT KNOW HOW SHE DIED...oh well

gorgeous crazy woman...so sad...just so sad...............she rests in Peace now :)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'Letters From The Big House' by Jim Phelan.

A collection of short stories about life in prison, written by an author who had served a life sentence for his part in an armed robbery.

DNO

One Too Many
That is not the only story there. You might want to look into what happened to her too. Read The Woman Who Could Not Forget,” a memoir by Ying-Ying Chang, her mother.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll keep my eyes open for that one as well. Grisly though the story may be, I had difficulty putting the book down.

I found a copy of Hatless Jack by Neil Steinberg. I'll tackle that next.

Michael Finn

New in Town
I'm getting finish reading Alan Flusser's "Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion" and Nicholas Antongiavanni's "The Suit: A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style".

Then there is couple of eternity projects like the Bible, pile of etiquette handbooks from differend eras and of course this forum... :confused:

John J

Familiar Face
I have several books happening. I dont read one straight through, Ill read it for several days then read another for a while.

1) 6 frigates: Non fiction historical account of the US navy in the early 1800s including politics of the day

2) A company of adventurers: History of the Hudson bay company from its start to recent times . the early chapters interesting enough go into detail about the north american Beaver trade and its global impact due to the European hat market. (perfect for the fedora lounge)

3) Three musketeers (never read it) early translation

That's it for the moment.

"John"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot