Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

LandGirl1980

New in Town
I am currently ploughing through "The Lost Life of Eva Braun" by Angela Lambert. Very interesting read. Although I do get a few odd looks on the train, as Hitler is on the front cover.;)

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, by Donald Miller, a Christian writer. Recommended by a colleague. Intriguing title, but not as epic as the numbers in the title might suggest: it's about looking at your life as though you were writing a book or film script. What sort of story are you writing? Devotional, in its way.

AnnabelleLee

New in Town
I am incapable of reading a single book at once, and am therefore in the midst of Lolita by Nabokov, A Coney Island of the Mind by Ferlinghetti, and the short story "Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman by Harlan Ellison.

...rather an odd assortment of stuff, now that I see it all strung together.

Great thread! I love seeing what other people are reading.

Berlin

Practically Family
I am reading a book written by a close friend of Nicole Brown, murdered by O.J Simpson.
Well, it still hasn't been proven and it probably will never be, and I know that it's 'innocent until proven guilty', but I have always been convinced that he was the killer, and this book makes that idea only gets stronger.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Fragments: Poems, Intimate Notes, Letters - Marilyn Monroe
X
BD

What are you making of it BD? I read it a few weeks ago and I think it gave a great insight into Marilyn. On the whole though I found it very sad and poignant - particularly when she was describing her time at Payne Whitney - I thought it was really sad when she was describing being carried naked face down up to the floor above and how at least the staff had the decency to carry her face down.

She really got such a raw deal so many times during her life but somehow she still shone regardless....

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I am reading a book written by a close friend of Nicole Brown, murdered by O.J Simpson.
Well, it still hasn't been proven and it probably will never be, and I know that it's 'innocent until proven guilty'....

"The nose of a mob is its imagination.
By this, at any time, it can be quietly led."

Edgar Allan Poe

The Day They Stole the Mona Lisa
by Seymour V. Reit
(New York: Summit Books, 1981)

Ths story of the 1911 theft of the famed Mona Lisa from the Louvre in Paris by an Italian carpenter and house-painter named Vincenzo Perugia. Hidden in the false bottom of Perugia's trunk, Da Vinci's masterpiece remained missing for two years despite the efforts of police in several countries. In December 1913 the Mona Lisa resurfaced in Florence, Italy when Perugia attempted to sell it to the Uffizi Museum.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner