Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

Caleb Moore

Familiar Face
Decodence said:
Hopefully your copy is fairing better than mine. Several 70-100 page chunks of the book have broken themselves from the binding, and I have to awkwardly hold them together/in while reading. I think it was the picture sections which caused the issue because it seemed to break at or around them.

I bought mine new and haven't had any problems yet. To be fair, it's mixed in with several other books I'm reading so it gets a lot of rest. I have been more focused on Iris Murdoch's "The Sea, The Sea" lately.

Decodence

A-List Customer
Caleb Moore said:
I bought mine new and haven't had any problems yet. To be fair, it's mixed in with several other books I'm reading so it gets a lot of rest. I have been more focused on Iris Murdoch's "The Sea, The Sea" lately.
I bought mine new too, and it saw those 400 pages over a few day period. I am upset about it. I too mix in other reading. Re-reading FSF's a Diamond as big as the Ritz this morning, and Just pickedup Lady on the Hill to speed through.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I just picked up a three-novel omnibus of Helen MacInnes at the library. Never read her before, but I think I'm probably in for a treat!

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
I'm just starting Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. She's fast becoming a favorite!

Also reading The Zookeeper's Wife, a tale of a zoo in WWII Poland. Fascinating story, for the most part. My teacher gave it to me to read as inspiration for what I'm writing. The only thing that turns me off is the vague writing, a lot of "Maybe it happened like this..." which is drivingme up a wall, making it tough to read all the way through.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I just started White Oleander. It's pretty good so far. I was really looking forward to reading Suite Francais and Man Without A Country, but when the Fed Ex person left them, someone in my building took them. I hope they return them when they are finished.

vonwotan

Practically Family
I started The Garden of Joys: An anthology of oriental anecdotes, fables and proverbs this morning. It was translated and related by Henry Catan and illustrated by Christian Buleon.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I just finished Infidel, by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I highly recommend this book to anyone. It's a real eye opener.

I am now reading, The Birthday Party, by Stanley N. Alpert. As I'd experienced with Ali's book, once it's in my hands I have great difficulty putting it down.

SamMarlowPI. Nightmare Town was my favorite by Hammett. :)

I’m waiting for Kinky Friedman to get back to writing his unPC mysteries. Lol

Has anyone else read this:
ABaroqueFable.jpg

It’s a musical, believe it or don't, with the sheet music in the back! Very, very funny! I read it years ago and have always remembered the line above the title: "Deep in the Woebegone Wood, there lurks a rather pathetic dragon." lol

Lee

I just finished this:

%7B96238C9F-DD35-470E-8B79-0126E32FD4AC%7DImg100.jpg

I thought it was an incredible book. It's written in a way that makes you feel as if the doctor is talking directly to you, or that you're reading from his personal diary. I highly recommend it.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Midnight Palace said:
I thought it was an incredible book. It's written in a way that makes you feel as if the doctor is talking directly to you, or that you're reading from his personal diary. I highly recommend it.

I will look into this. Viktor Frankl's Man's Search For Meaning is another
physician account of concentration camp experience.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I have been in a blue funk these past few days, lonely for my San Diego friends, not looking forward to a third winter in Iowa, just lost my freelance job to outsourcing, and one of two friends I have socialized with here just left for Indianapolis.

So, I am reading light fare: another Sharon McCrumb novel, Paying the Piper, to be followed by The Windsor Knot. That will complete it -- I will have read everything she has written, will now have to wait for her to publish another book. Bummer.

karol

vonwotan

Practically Family
I've just started re-reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and have a copy of The Fountainhead underneath it on the nightstand. That should keep me for a while...

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Antje said:
I'm reading too many books at once

I'm into the new Harry Potter, (came out this weekend in dutch)

War and Peace by Tolstoy
and the cronicles of Narnia by Cs lewis
I read all 7 Harry Potter books in about a month and a half. I was clinically depressed by the time I finished. But I think that is because I read them all in quick succession.

I am reading Watership Down. I love rabbits.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart