Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your plans for Friday (12/21/12)?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm supposed to go to my sister's for lunch. I'm really pulling for an apocalypse but I suspect I'll have to go. Extinction events never seem to happen when you need them.
You can always tell her it's an "isolated apocalypse" and it's over your part of town so you can't come to the party. :)

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
the Mayans didn't even predict the end of the world; its simply the end of a calendar. it's a bit like looking at the 31st of December on your annual wall calendar and screaming "OH MY GOD. the world ends on this day !!!"

526007_10152372672715377_913496540_n_zps67b1958c.jpg

A number of parents of students in the school district wherein I work called in yesterday to state that their child would not be in school today as a result of the ending of the World.
:D

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Guatemala time.

Exactly. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched... ;)

There's actually a store here that has opened selling "survival supplies" that has gotten a lot of customers because of the predicted end of the world. Although, obviously, there is a market for survival goods for natural disasters, snow storms, power outages, etc. they had the owner on the TV and she said all her customers are buying survival food packs for the end of times... which I find hilarious. If the world goes up in flames the food in your fridge will hold you until you bake to death...

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
Well, 1:30pm east on Armageddon Day, rather boring. Plans include finishing up on Christmas shopping, grab some steaks tonight for dinner, noodle around on the internet, drink some good beer. Work tomorrow. My exciting life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana