Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What armor do you use for riding in Vanson Model B

Bern1

One of the Regulars
I find that one of the appeals of a straight leather moto jacket is precisely that it does NOT have plastic "armor" in it. I know I know, I "should" be wearing armor on my bike......

Oh, the bike doesn't have anti lock brakes or traction control either...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I find that one of the appeals of a straight leather moto jacket is precisely that it does NOT have plastic "armor" in it. I know I know, I "should" be wearing armor on my bike......

Oh, the bike doesn't have anti lock brakes or traction control either...

It's always tempting not to wear all the protective gear, especially in hot weather but whenever I see the aftermath of a car - bike collision and you see that twisted wreckage of the bike on the road, my first thought is always "jeez I hope that guy was wearing armour"....

Graemsay

Practically Family
Since we're talking about retro riding gear, here's the Eversholt jacket by Ashley Watson. It's waxed cotton, with a Dyneema liner for abrasion resistance, a waterproof / breathable drop liner, and a complement of D3O armour.

Eversholt Jacket.jpg

There's a writeup at Silodrome, which contains a few more details. Looks a nice jacket, and is also available in navy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner