Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car to go with your flight jackets?

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Let me see, you like the Corvette, the MG is insane and you would love a convertable. So how about a convertable MG with a Corvette engine? Click on the link and see a really insane MG, and how he did it.
View attachment 160084
http://www.britishv8.org/mg/daveplumley-mg-td.htm

I like that, but there sure isn't much MG left in that ol' MG! My personal-favorite, V8-swapped MG favorite is this one, though:

MG J2 V8.jpg

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/1933-mg-j2-roadster/

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
OK not my Avirex flight jacket , but my Schott naked café racer. Car is my AUSTRALIAN built 2017 Holden Commodore.
SS Redline Motorsport edition. The last of the last. Chevrolet LS3 6.3 litre V8. Photo from day of delivery

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
What to do when you get this message ? Photo looks like it is loading up , gets to 100% then....

The uploaded file is too large for the server to process.
If you use your Phone like me, I Just take a screenshot of the photo I want to use and that screenshot is lower resolution and usually below 1,5mb

HPA Rep

Vendor
Today, I'm really into offbeat cars of the 1970's and my other half and I would like something along the lines of a 1978 AMC Matador with an 8-track.

But I have been privileged to own a 1967 Corvette Stingray roadster with 327-inch engine and 350 BHP in Elkhart Blue with Teal Blue interior, white rag top, and removable hardtop. This was purchased from the original owner and I am seen here driving it at the homecoming football game with my best friend and freshman-class representative. Sadly, the Stingray is long gone.
1967 Corvette Stingray Roadster.jpeg

But I still own this 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 XL in Raven Black with Saddle interior, seen here in 1986 in front of my buddy's house just after the full restoration.

1967 Ford Galaxie 1.jpeg

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Today, I'm really into offbeat cars of the 1970's and my other half and I would like something along the lines of a 1978 AMC Matador with an 8-track.

But I have been privileged to own a 1967 Corvette Stingray roadster with 327-inch engine and 350 BHP in Elkhart Blue with Teal Blue interior, white rag top, and removable hardtop. This was purchased from the original owner and I am seen here driving it at the homecoming football game with my best friend and freshman-class representative. Sadly, the Stingray is long gone.
View attachment 169163

But I still own this 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 XL in Raven Black with Saddle interior, seen here in 1986 in front of my buddy's house just after the full restoration.

View attachment 169164
The Galaxie is one of the greatest full size coupes of all time.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@Imuricecreamman; Saabs! Yes! Excellent choice! I've always had a soft spot for the little curvy early ones that won rallies! Awesome! But yes, they do make jet fighters too, and that was certainly imprinted on the mind of my generation by this ad campaign;

Directed by Tony Scott who directed Top Gun (and so the thread come full circle! My work here is done).

@HPA Rep, '67 Stingray roadster is to die for! It's got to be THE car for Vietnam era fighter pilots and astronauts.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
OK not a photo of my actual car with a "jacketed me " in it , this is a stock Holden photo from 2 years ago.
BUT my car is 100% this car. It will be out for it's Sunday arvo ( afternoon to our American cousins !) run today.
Commodore Motorsport Heron White.jpg

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Better luck this time ! taken on today's Sunday run down the coast. Sorrento Beach Western Australia to be specific !
Parked up amongst the Harleys and a 'Vette. Jacket is my Blue label Highwayman in brown steer. Jeans are US made 501's , Long sleeve Gildan Tee and Australian made Rossi blue suede desert boots ! Got the FL all covered in that one sideways photo ? Sideways ? I dunno ! Original was the right way up !
Commodore at White Salt.jpg

Last edited:

Saxman

New in Town
Those three-wheeler Morgans are gorgeous - the original, too, as they predate their four-wheelers. What I love about the three-wheeler versions is that they call to mind a biplane, but also they aren't that far from a motorcycle either. I'd be curious to see one of these redeveloped as an electrically-drive couple version. I'm sure Morgan will do that eventually. Money no object, I'd have one of these, one of the base-model two-seater four wheelers (Plus 4?), and a four-seater in a coupe format for the Winter.
Morgan actually do an electric version of the 3 wheeler called the EV3. Theres a dealership near where I live and I popped down to view...here's a couple of pics
Cant beat the sound of the V twin tho IMHO

Attachments

• 20180428_124755-2016x1134.jpg
    20180428_124755-2016x1134.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 520
  • 20180428_124736-2016x1134.jpg
    20180428_124736-2016x1134.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 517

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Better luck this time ! taken on today's Sunday run down the coast. Sorrento Beach Western Australia to be specific !
Parked up amongst the Harleys and a 'Vette. Jacket is my Blue label Highwayman in brown steer. Jeans are US made 501's , Long sleeve Gildan Tee and Australian made Rossi blue suede desert boots ! Got the FL all covered in that one sideways photo ? Sideways ? I dunno ! Original was the right way up ! View attachment 169196

It might've gotten flipped because it was huge. Here ya go, cropped and resized:

Commodore at White Salt.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Morgan actually do an electric version of the 3 wheeler called the EV3. Theres a dealership near where I live and I popped down to view...here's a couple of pics

That's very cool. They did have one on the UK website but it seemed to be a kiddy version, less I read it wrong. I'm keen on the idea of an electric car once there are more charging points (and good financial incentives to drive one) especially should solar charging become viable!

Edward

Bartender

That's very cool. They did have one on the UK website but it seemed to be a kiddy version, less I read it wrong. I'm keen on the idea of an electric car once there are more charging points (and good financial incentives to drive one) especially should solar charging become viable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko