Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wish we had a Costco within 100 miles of here.

Tonight I had a Trinidad Habano petit corona. Nice smoke. That box is getting pretty empty too. I had it with my last few drops on Aberlour. Time to go shopping again.

I wish we had a Costco within 100 miles of here.

Tonight I had a Trinidad Habano petit corona. Nice smoke. That box is getting pretty empty too. I had it with my last few drops on Aberlour. Time to go shopping again.

No Costco!? Do they have paved roads there?!;):p
Well the Glenmorangie 1.75 bottle is going to make a decent display bottle anyway. :D
Last night was a Diplomaticos No. 2 with another Costco Aquisition---Macallan 18 year old bottled for them; I guess, as it had their label. Not bad at all next to the fireplace with friends on a cool night.
That box is getting pretty empty too and I can't find more all too easily.:eusa_doh:

BobC

No Costco!? Do they have paved roads there?!;):p
Well the Glenmorangie 1.75 bottle is going to make a decent display bottle anyway. :D
Last night was a Diplomaticos No. 2 with another Costco Aquisition---Macallan 18 year old bottled for them; I guess, as it had their label. Not bad at all next to the fireplace with friends on a cool night.
That box is getting pretty empty too and I can't find more all too easily.:eusa_doh:

We do have a few paved roads, but no Costco. Wish we did. I'm not a fan of Sam or Wal-Mart, but that's the closest we have. I don't shop them.

We do have a pretty well stocked local establishment for the purchase of spirits, and the owner is very good about ordering anything they don't have on hand. He's a new owner, and I'd have to say his staff could use a little training in PR, but he's good to deal with.

Tonight I had an Oliva Serie V double robusto and a taste of McLelland's Highland. I don't get back to the good on'es often enough. Maybe that means I have too many cigars?
Nah, there's no such thing as too many cigars, is there?

BobC

We're leaving for the Bahamas Tuesday. Packed my cigars for the trip tonight. Oliva Serie V, Perdomo ESV 91 and Patriarch, 601, Cubao, La Trav maduro, and several makes and models of island treats. Should be a really great 9 days. I am soooooo looking forward to getting away. I smoked my first ESV 91 on the beach there last year. Can't wait to smoke my next on there again.

We do have a few paved roads, but no Costco. Wish we did. I'm not a fan of Sam or Wal-Mart, but that's the closest we have. I don't shop them.

We do have a pretty well stocked local establishment for the purchase of spirits, and the owner is very good about ordering anything they don't have on hand. He's a new owner, and I'd have to say his staff could use a little training in PR, but he's good to deal with.

Tonight I had an Oliva Serie V double robusto and a taste of McLelland's Highland. I don't get back to the good on'es often enough. Maybe that means I have too many cigars?
Nah, there's no such thing as too many cigars, is there?

How was the McLelland's? I kind of enjoy that one and for the price.....:rolleyes:
There is no such thing as this term too many. I don't even understand what it means. :p

We're leaving for the Bahamas Tuesday. Packed my cigars for the trip tonight. Oliva Serie V, Perdomo ESV 91 and Patriarch, 601, Cubao, La Trav maduro, and several makes and models of island treats. Should be a really great 9 days. I am soooooo looking forward to getting away. I smoked my first ESV 91 on the beach there last year. Can't wait to smoke my next on there again.

Bahamas eh? I can see some new island treats in your future.;)

BobC

Bahamas eh? I can see some new island treats in your future.;)

I like the McLelland's Highland. I usually keep it on hand. I went shopping yesterday to replace my empty Aberlour bottle and ordered a bottle of Lagavulin. I thought about picking up a bottle of Oban too but decided to save that for the next trip.

This year I'm doing things a bit differently. My island treats are making the trip to the Bahamas with me rather than joining me after my arrival. ;)

I like the McLelland's Highland. I usually keep it on hand. I went shopping yesterday to replace my empty Aberlour bottle and ordered a bottle of Lagavulin. I thought about picking up a bottle of Oban too but decided to save that for the next trip.

This year I'm doing things a bit differently. My island treats are making the trip to the Bahamas with me rather than joining me after my arrival. ;)

You sure those treats aren't going to multiply a bit while they are there? :p
Get the Oban next time. I think you'll like it. I would say get the 18 yo from Costco but.....;):eusa_doh:

That CA single malt companion sounds interesting, but will it have the same CA slant that CA has?

Well, the website is maltadvocate.com .
For $18 a year, I think you get 4 issues. I think they have the same good life slant to their magazine but I have not received mine yet. [huh] I'll let you know when I get it how good it is. :D
Scotch and a good cigar just need to go together and I can read both magazines too. :D

BobC

First night in Freeport, I purchased a liter of Glenmorangie for $44 after dinner tonight. It was the most exotic I could find. I had a taste of it with a HdM robusto. Not bad, but the highlands are not really my favorite, and I wish I had brought something with me.

First night in Freeport, I purchased a liter of Glenmorangie for $44 after dinner tonight. It was the most exotic I could find. I had a taste of it with a HdM robusto. Not bad, but the highlands are not really my favorite, and I wish I had brought something with me.

A liter?! Holy crimony! Send it over to me. I'll finish it. ;):p
I hope that was an HdM for that exotic little island as those produced elsewhere are hit and miss. ;)
Go pick up a Macallan. :D

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Smoking my fav Virginia blend from the local store in a Nording pipe. Explain to me why I can't smoke cigars? I can't stand the aftertaste!! I see a lot of guys that do both pipes and cigars. They are both tobacco and I like tobacco :)!?!? They taste completely different to me. Have any of you experienced the same thing?? I love smoking a pipe and I like a variety of tobaccos depending on my mood but can't do the cigar thing. Not that I really want to switch over I just don't understand it can't be just the casings (flavoring) as I like pipe tobaccos that are not cased too??? Do they use a different part of the tobacco plant to make pipe tobacco or a different strain of tobacco???

Thanks
Kk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic