Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Go ahead and mention the La Traviata again. :p;)
Try a Petit Edmundo. Not too long on time but not too short on flavor. :D

Tried a petit edmundo on the balcony after dinner this evening. Very enjoyable.

I also enjoyed a RyJ short churchill on the beach this afternoon along with a 601 Green a little later.

I really like the idea of bringing my own cigars from my own humidor to our Eden with me when we come. It beats the hell out of paying outrageous prices to the profiteers here.

Have you tried the La Trav maduro yet? I think you'll like them.

Tried a petit edmundo on the balcony after dinner this evening. Very enjoyable.

I also enjoyed a RyJ short churchill on the beach this afternoon along with a 601 Green a little later.

I really like the idea of bringing my own cigars from my own humidor to our Eden with me when we come. It beats the hell out of paying outrageous prices to the profiteers here.

Have you tried the La Trav maduro yet? I think you'll like them.

I'll have to try the maduro. I still have one Divino left.;)
I am glad you enjoyed the Petit Edmundo. I just got some in to restock my reserve. :D If I didn't have this nasal drip, I would be smoking one right now. :eusa_doh:
Oh well. Wednesday is wine and cigar night here. A friend is bringing over a nice 2000 vintage something or other. Last time was a nice Napa Valley Malbec. That went great with a San Cristobal de la Habana. :D He works for a company that makes bottles for the the wine and beverage industry. He gets plenty of nice wines and beverages---for me to try. :p
Its too bad they gouge tourists over there for cigars but it is likely they gouge tourists for just about everything. ;)

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
You know, I often wonder but someone must bother as they sell a ton of them every year.[huh]
Everclear!? Geez, gasoline would taste better. :p

I didn't want to taint the taste of Scotch and no, gasoline doesn't taste better. Sloppy siphoning has taught me that. I expected an overpowering infusion of flavoring but it was actually pretty subtle on a spongy cigar with no character of its own.

I didn't want to taint the taste of Scotch and no, gasoline doesn't taste better. Sloppy siphoning has taught me that. I expected an overpowering infusion of flavoring but it was actually pretty subtle on a spongy cigar with no character of its own.

lol lol lol lol
A lot of people don't get Drew Estates. I suppose I am one of those people. Spongy cigar doesn't work for me. I can just dunk the end of my cigar in scotch and get that taste while I smoke it.:p

BobC

Yes to the gouging in many cases anyway. We've been coming here for 12 years and know by now where to go and where to avoid. Cigars are a non-issue at this point since my collection has flourished in the last year, but good single malt selection is limited here. Last night I asked our waiter for Glenfiddich and his reply was that they had no single malts. Actually, I was a bit surprised that he knew I was asking for a single malt. I settled for a Johnny Black. The nicer places have fiddich and livit, but that's about it.

When we get back home, I'm going to look for a good, saafe way to transport a bottle or two. Then next year I will bring my own scotch and my own cigars.

Yes to the gouging in many cases anyway. We've been coming here for 12 years and know by now where to go and where to avoid. Cigars are a non-issue at this point since my collection has flourished in the last year, but good single malt selection is limited here. Last night I asked our waiter for Glenfiddich and his reply was that they had no single malts. Actually, I was a bit surprised that he knew I was asking for a single malt. I settled for a Johnny Black. The nicer places have fiddich and livit, but that's about it.

When we get back home, I'm going to look for a good, saafe way to transport a bottle or two. Then next year I will bring my own scotch and my own cigars.

You are going to have to invent the portable cigar and scotch travel bar.:p
No single malts?! That's like saying there is no air here. :eusa_doh:

I like the idea of a portable scotch and cigar bar. We'll need to work on that thought.

Sort of like this but with room for a humidor too.:
AAAAAgr5iiMAAAAAARDThw.jpg
:D

BobC

HdM petit robusto early this afternoon with a West Indies Yellow Bird then later a Perdomo ESV '91 Prestigio maduro with a Kalik or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran