Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Not at all. AS long as you are of legal smoking age then you are certainly welcome to join the fun. :p

What cigars have you been smoking and what kind of pipes and tobacco? I enjoy a pipe with Argosy Black. If that isn't unpretentious enough then I don't know what is. :p

lol I'm 50. Just getting a dig in...
I procured some beautiful, unused German Briar pipes from the 1920's. Lovely pieces that I plan on taking out when we reenact the WWII stuff. I have a few tobaccos I'm trying - mostly ones that are mellow with some flavors like cherry and vanilla and honey. I like the tins myself - ordered a few to try out as I've not smoked a pipe in ages - never really did, but some of the guys do it and I love the smells...
One of the things my grandfathers did that take me back. I don't plan on regular smoking as I'm not anxious to develop ulcers or cancers in my mouth, but I will enjoy it on occasions where I'm outside with others that aren't offended by the practice :)

lol I'm 50. Just getting a dig in...
I procured some beautiful, unused German Briar pipes from the 1920's. Lovely pieces that I plan on taking out when we reenact the WWII stuff. I have a few tobaccos I'm trying - mostly ones that are mellow with some flavors like cherry and vanilla and honey. I like the tins myself - ordered a few to try out as I've not smoked a pipe in ages - never really did, but some of the guys do it and I love the smells...
One of the things my grandfathers did that take me back. I don't plan on regular smoking as I'm not anxious to develop ulcers or cancers in my mouth, but I will enjoy it on occasions where I'm outside with others that aren't offended by the practice :)

Older than me! :p

German Briars are nice pipes. You should be fine using them. Just clean out the dust first. :p
You would have to smoke pipes like a fiend to get that kind of cancer. My great uncle smoked a pipe for forty years and something else got him first. :p
Oh and a word to the wise---don't smoke the pipe until it is too hot to touch. You burn them out that way. Keep it cool and the smoke will be cool for your mouth. :D

Older than me! :p

German Briars are nice pipes. You should be fine using them. Just clean out the dust first. :p
You would have to smoke pipes like a fiend to get that kind of cancer. My great uncle smoked a pipe for forty years and something else got him first. :p
Oh and a word to the wise---don't smoke the pipe until it is too hot to touch. You burn them out that way. Keep it cool and the smoke will be cool for your mouth. :D

Yeah, first thing I did was goto youtube and found all the expert videos on the topic and re-learned all the subtle things about pipe smoking and maintenance.
It's funny how every thing we do can get so deep. Nothing is simple, and I guess that's the fun of life! This is a great forum for such things. I've learned tons about new (old) things since joining up. Cheers - have a great evening!

Yeah, first thing I did was goto youtube and found all the expert videos on the topic and re-learned all the subtle things about pipe smoking and maintenance.
It's funny how every thing we do can get so deep. Nothing is simple, and I guess that's the fun of life! This is a great forum for such things. I've learned tons about new (old) things since joining up. Cheers - have a great evening!

Very good then you know more than I do then if you did that much research. :p

I feel like smoking a pipe this evening for some reason. :p

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Join the club. :p
Had an 2002 vintage Rey del Mundo Corona de Luxe a few days ago also. Too bad they discontinued the Gran Corona, Longsdale and Corona de Luxe. Have only a few Longsdales left from a box of 1998. Today saw another box selling for twice the price I paid a few years back. Also seems difficult to find the Petite Corona, so bought 2 boxes of 2007 Lunch Club in stead the past 2 months. :D
Today finally had the long awaited Ramon Allones Allones Extra 2011 Edicion Limitada. Different from the normal Ramon but worth the wait. Also had a Specially Selected later at night to compare. My friend then gave me an aged 2005 Punch Royal Selection 12 he bought at Dubai at astonishingly cheap price.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Spirit of Cuba with McClelland's Lowland tonight. Still a good cigar. I bought these very early after I started smoking cigars again, and they are still an enjoyable cigar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR