Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
JdN Dark Corojo with a Sam Adams while finishing some work, sitting on the porch.
Gurkha isn't the best, but I grab them when I see them on sale. The gorge fest on CI has em for $3 each in 5 packs. I'm not sure I'd pay the $8-13 each, but at $3 it's hard to beat. I might have a Triple Ligero later...

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not bad. That cigar is pretty good.
I was actually kind of taken aback by the packaging of the full sized Edmundos. They come in a paper box of 15. There are five inner boxes of three cigars. I guess it is ok but geez, I prefer a real box. The cigars went into the humidor anyway but.....

I've never seen packaging like that, but it sounds wasteful.

The Mi Amor was quite good. Enjoyed it with a taste of Aberlour a'bunadh from a new bottle just opened tonight. Interesting change in color and taste from the first bottle. Still a very good cigar with a very good scotch. Enjoyed them both.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JdN Dark Corojo with a Sam Adams while finishing some work, sitting on the porch.
Gurkha isn't the best, but I grab them when I see them on sale. The gorge fest on CI has em for $3 each in 5 packs. I'm not sure I'd pay the $8-13 each, but at $3 it's hard to beat. I might have a Triple Ligero later...

How was your Dark Corojo? I'm wondering if some aging will settle that one down a bit. I think I've only smoked one, and it was definitely not for a beginner.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
It was excellent, strong, but excellent...
This one has been sitting in my humidor for ~3 months with no real mellowing. I think you'd probably have to keep em buried in the back for quite some time to settle it down. A neighbor was out smoking with me and had to leave, just the smoke off of it was a little much for him. The flavors are great and the price isn't horrible, every one I've smoked has had a good pull, good construction and a nice even burn.

The Gurkha 3x Ligero was good, but I think my palate was still a little skewed by the JdN.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Wednesday.
Mi Amor in the AM and an Air Bender after work. What happened, is everyone off the Benders? Picked up a box for an upcoming trip to the second biggest state in the union. The manager at Holts gave me a San Cristobal Del Sol to try. Looking forward to it.
Tom D.

Last edited:
I've never seen packaging like that, but it sounds wasteful.

The Mi Amor was quite good. Enjoyed it with a taste of Aberlour a'bunadh from a new bottle just opened tonight. Interesting change in color and taste from the first bottle. Still a very good cigar with a very good scotch. Enjoyed them both.

I didn't care much about the waste but it was just strange to be boxed like that instead of wood boxed all together. [huh]
I had a Partagas Mille Fleurs last night instead. I just didn't have the time for the Edmundo.:eusa_doh:
No scotch to go with it. I was just watching a re-run of Ghost Hunters at that time.:p
If I did, I would likely have gone for the Glen Grant for variety. :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Wednesday.
Mi Amor in the AM and an Air Bender after work. What happened, is everyone off the Benders? Picked up a box for an upcoming trip to the second biggest state in the union. The manager at Holts gave me a San Cristobal Del Sol to try. Looking forward to it.
Tom D.
There's just too many good cigars to keep up with!:)

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
I was actually kind of taken aback by the packaging of the full sized Edmundos. They come in a paper box of 15. There are five inner boxes of three cigars. I guess it is ok but geez, I prefer a real box. The cigars went into the humidor anyway but.....

James,
The 3 cigar cardboard soft pack is only one option, Edmundos also come in 3 packs like yours in aluminum tubos, and also in semi-boite natural boxes of 25. They were also available in a 25 cigar jar format this year as a limited release. I received a "box" of Monte 4's once that was composed of 5 five packs. They smoked the same, but didn't have that slight press that dress box cigars do.

James,
The 3 cigar cardboard soft pack is only one option, Edmundos also come in 3 packs like yours in aluminum tubos, and also in semi-boite natural boxes of 25. They were also available in a 25 cigar jar format this year as a limited release. I received a "box" of Monte 4's once that was composed of 5 five packs. They smoked the same, but didn't have that slight press that dress box cigars do.

Yeah, I figured that. Those were the only ones that I could get my hands on so I didn't pay too much attention to how they were packaged. In some cases you take what you can get as you say, they smoked the same.:p
The jar probably costs a fortune so I'll take the box. :D

SteveAS

Practically Family
I smoked a Ramon Allones Emenencias (a 2005 Swiss Regional Edition) while I walked the dog this morning. It started off tasty, but a bit light. By the time the first inch was smoked, however, it was rich and delicious. Just a damn good cigar!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points