Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Earlier today I enjoyed another bowl of Original Oriental in an MM straight shank Apple with the hardwood plug in the bottom. MM stopped making the Apple during a 2 yr drought around 2002-2003 because the ears of corn simply weren't growing large enough to produce the size cob required. With a better bit the MM Apple is a great casual smoking pipe.

That was when MM started making their line of hardwood Maple pipes again.

A Dudleigh Hollywood bent Bulldog loaded from an aged tin of Frog Morton in the Celler. This is a neat rusticated pipe I bought when I was in college. I wish the lighting was better.

IMG_9352.jpg

IMG_9351.jpg

IMG_9354.jpg

IMG_9353.jpg

Had some Boswell Northwoods in a Peterson 303. I was always interested in one of the Boswell Minnie Ball Pipe, but never got around to buying one and now I haven't seen one for sale on his website for a long time.
I haven't looked at their site in a while. I don't imagine they are big sellers but I'm sure they could still make one. The dimensions & the bowl are great but the stem could be fitted a little differently. I always remove it carefully & store it removed so as not to wallow out the fit.

The best reproductions of Civil War era carved pipes were made by Randolph Ubben. I've watched for one for yrs but haven't found one. I'm quite sure Ubben no longer makes pipes & may no longer be living. His website is still up last time I looked but hasn't been active in yrs.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Had a Fonseca Cosacos and a Monte #4. Been burning through quite a lot of the 5 years old Fonseca Cosacos. Probably smoked 3 boxes since September.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko