Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Fred Diebel was a WWII veteran who learned & apprenticed in the pipe making trade before opening his own shop. In his early days he also sold rebranded GBD's & Comoys under the Diebel name, but his pipes are stamped Diebel Bench Made. He grew to be a good tobacconist too. I'm always on the lookout for Diebel Bench Made pipes should you encounter one (or more).

What's your fancy in a pipe?

RudyN

One of the Regulars
Had some Boswell Northwoods in a Peterson Dracula. I am partial to Peterson and Boswell pipes. Of course I have several more Petersons that Boswells as Peterson has been around for a bit longer. I was able to visit the Boswell shop in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania in 2011 when I was visiting several Civil War battlefields.

I was always interested in one of the Boswell Minnie Ball Pipe,
I've always liked the small Church Warden that Calvin Candie, as played by Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained smoked. I would guess it's a group 1 but have been unable to learn more about it.

IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2588.JPG

ReynardTheFox

New in Town
i only have three pipes. A missouri meerschaum I've had for 20 years, a briar of some description I got out the "seconds" basket at the local tobacconist and I've got an old Vienna meerschaum one in a little case like its a musical instrument. I normally smoke kentucky nougat and black cherry. Very rarely anything non aromatic. i'm occasional on the pipe.

i smoke roll ups more anyway. I like Pueblo tobacco for that and I use the licorice papers with it and it gives a little bit of sweetness I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot