Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

I grabbed a cuban H. Upmann Half Corona at my next main station.

My very first cuban tobacco!
Very good taste. I would say, better than all the similar price-level DomRep, I had before.

BUT!
I hated this extra small format in my fingers and will never again get such an extra short Corona!! I mean, what's the point of that?? That just doesn't feel right in your fingers.

Grabbed the two pipes from Pa, which were rarely used. These two pipes from GDR era were probably last time used in the 70s.

1. "Howal Bruyere"
60s/70s
("Holzwaren Liebenstein"/VEB Pfeifen und Holzerzeugnisse Bad Liebenstein (Schweina), former C. S. Reich, Schweina)

2. ARK "Bruyere Extra"
60s/70s
(former A.R. Kühn, Schweina)

1937 catalogue

Firma-ARK-Kuhn-Schweina-Katalog-Pfeifen-Tabakpfeifen-Tabak.webp

Firma-ARK-Kuhn-Schweina-Katalog-Pfeifen-Tabakpfeifen-Tabak.webp

Attachments

• IMGP7552.JPG
    IMGP7552.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMGP7556.JPG
    IMGP7556.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMGP7557.JPG
    IMGP7557.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMGP7560.JPG
    IMGP7560.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMGP7563.JPG
    IMGP7563.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGP7565.JPG
    IMGP7565.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Ha, only our smalltown's gas stations have some pipe tobacco! Our grocery stores don't.

I grabbed Prestige Regular Mixture, Golden Blend's No. 2 and Holger Danske Golden Harmony.

Today, I had my two pipes going, for the very first time. Was a tricky start, but after a while, I got it running!

While struggeling, I came to the idea, that the moist feeling tobacco from the small bags could be TOO moist, so I gave a new portion 5 minutes to dry up a little and another portion 10 minutes. It seemed to help slightly!

And I experimented with the tobacco portion. It seemed, that the bigger portions work better than the smaller. In the final try, I risked putting the absolute maximum load in and this worked very well!

But next time, I will let the tobacco dry up even longer than 10 minutes, this will surely bring some advantage. :)

But altogether, not a bad start for me.

Mm25

Practically Family
Today, I had my two pipes going, for the very first time. Was a tricky start, but after a while, I got it running!

While struggeling, I came to the idea, that the moist feeling tobacco from the small bags could be TOO moist, so I gave a new portion 5 minutes to dry up a little and another portion 10 minutes. It seemed to help slightly!

And I experimented with the tobacco portion. It seemed, that the bigger portions work better than the smaller. In the final try, I risked putting the absolute maximum load in and this worked very well!

But next time, I will let the tobacco dry up even longer than 10 minutes, this will surely bring some advantage. :)

But altogether, not a bad start for me.
Enjoy.
Pipe smoking is a skill. But so enjoyable when it all comes together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ