Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What coffee or tea did you drink today?

earl

A-List Customer
Always has to be coffee at breakfast, but several times a week I'll drink some tea at lunch, too. Today was such a day-Brodie's Scottish Breakfast tea.

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Read a sign on the front door of a little coffee shop last week said, "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks". Normally I'd agree as I don't much like supporting big corporate outfits. However.... out this morning and had craving flung on me. I had to actually pull into the drive though at local Starbucks for a large dark roast. Please don't think bad of me. :(

Shibumi

New in Town
Hello CLS,

I hope you are well this cool evening.

Those large corporations are made up of a lot of regular folks. Say what you will about Starbucks, but they give full benefits - medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and stock options to even their part time workers. And, their Italian Roast is excellent!

Just my two cents.....

Hello CLS,

I hope you are well this cool evening.

Those large corporations are made up of a lot of regular folks. Say what you will about Starbucks, but they give full benefits - medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and stock options to even their part time workers. And, their Italian Roast is excellent!

Just my two cents.....
Yes, say what you will about Starbucks but their effect in this neck of the woods has been to up the game of all the other coffee shops in order to compete. Overall it is much easier to get a good cuppa here than before Starbucks and that is what competition will do for a market.

steve u

A-List Customer
Just ordered from my favorite coffee roaster..Kean Coffee
Bolivia Peaberry - Whole Bean
Hawaii, Kona, Aloha Farms *rare limited* - Whole Bean
Sumatra Mt. Kerinci - Whole Bean
Papua New Guinea Jiwaka - Whole Bean

Read a sign on the front door of a little coffee shop last week said, "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks". Normally I'd agree as I don't much like supporting big corporate outfits. However.... out this morning and had craving flung on me. I had to actually pull into the drive though at local Starbucks for a large dark roast. Please don't think bad of me. :(
I drink Starbucks Winter Blend beans bought at Costco on a $6 off coupon. In the spring I drink their Spring Blend....again on coupon. I may have standards but damn I can be bought!!!! Next month I will drink whatever else is on coupon at Costco.

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
I drink Starbucks Winter Blend beans bought at Costco on a $6 off coupon. In the spring I drink their Spring Blend....again on coupon. I may have standards but damn I can be bought!!!! Next month I will drink whatever else is on coupon at Costco.

Haaaaa I understand perfectly! I too can be bought and could also probably be called a "cheap drunk"! :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I am a Lady Gray daily drinker (insulated cup at work, carried with me from classroom to classroom), and my 'fancy' tea is Harney & Sons Tower of London blend. Hubby bought me a tin of it for Christmas.

Most days I make morning coffee with a French press using freshly burr ground beans (whatever is on coupon at Costco). But we have a Nespresso machine as well for mornings when we sleep in a bit and run short on time. Nespresso is so much quicker than my French press ritual. Best news is that both make a great cup o coffee.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The usual suspect

71Fwgwp5rBS._SL1500_.jpg

Jooo, this was a good lesson for me!!

While actually cold weather season is finally starting here, I started again with my good old 5-minutes Earl Grey for less caffeine.
BUT, I made the mistake, to grant me an XL-coffee pot full of it.

Long story short, I luckily was at home and had Mr. Potty near to me.
Woohoo, just too much bitters for my stomach...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko