Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color hat?

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
@HudsonHawk: Unfortunately I'm not so privileged. I simply can't afford the thousands of dollars each hat would cost me, if I had to visit a hatter shop every time, I would buy a hat [huh]

@HudsonHawk: Unfortunately I'm not so privileged. I simply can't afford the thousands of dollars each hat would cost me, if I had to visit a hatter shop every time, I would buy a hat [huh]

Well, I've never paid anywhere close to $1,000 for a hat, but I acknowledge that a) I'm fortunate enough to live somewhere there are hat stores, and b) I'm missing out on great deals.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I'm fortunate enough to live somewhere there are hat stores
There are no custom hatters in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland or the UK. Living in Copenhagen, it'll be quite a journey to visit a custom hatter. Further south in Europe there are still some operating hatters, but I'm not travelling with the goal to buy hats.

Lucky you! ;)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Black Hats

Black is a great hat color and the hat color I recommend to people when they ask my opinion on a first hat. Why? I find many people have a modern wardrobe that's heavy on black or gray so a black hat fits in with their lifestyle.
I know Black Hats have their fan base and that they appeal to some. But for me, I would never have another Black hat. Black seems limited to more dressier attire and the color itself masks the details of the hat. For me, I don't like black hats, (maybe a cowboy hat would be an exception). I have a Black Akubra Squatter that I'm trying to trade off. I love the Squatter but I hate black hats. Brown, I think, would be a good color to wear with both casual and dressy attire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael