Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

James71

A-List Customer
As I sit in my music room with dire straits playing on vinyl and drinking a gentleman jack on ice, it occurs to me that life can be truly good.

Cheers gentlemen.

davidraphael

Practically Family
One for the bums...

methylated%20spirit.jpg

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
A fine drink. I went to a La Clandestine tasting yesterday so I tried their wares including the Clandestino (Caprihana with Absinthe instead of Cachaca) I also recently tried some 1950s Campari which was better than the new stuff.

A fine drink. I went to a La Clandestine tasting yesterday so I tried their wares including the Clandestino (Caprihana with Absinthe instead of Cachaca) I also recently tried some 1950s Campari which was better than the new stuff.

A caipirinha would be a whole lot better with Absinthe now that you mention it. I can't take cachaca.
The Campari probably tasted better because the stinky bitter taste finally went away after 50 years.:p;)

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
James, you joke but you are spot on. My dislike for the substance is well know but the 1950s stuff was not too bad, a lot less bitter and more mellow.

Last night I had a horrible Aviation with Jospehine Gin (Mrs. B liked it though) and then a Martini made with the same stuff which was much better, very floral.

Pompidou

One Too Many
Hooker Brewery's Octoberfest offering - 23oz glass for $5.00 at my hole in the wall. Tall, dark, smooth, goes down easy with just the right amount of head. It's everything I could ask of a $5.00 Hooker, and more. Naturally, I asked for two.

James, you joke but you are spot on. My dislike for the substance is well know but the 1950s stuff was not too bad, a lot less bitter and more mellow.

Last night I had a horrible Aviation with Jospehine Gin (Mrs. B liked it though) and then a Martini made with the same stuff which was much better, very floral.

Campari probably is like uranium in that sense. It has a bitterness shelf life.;):p
Floral gin is getting a little out on a limb with me. I like my gin fairly clean and crisp. :cheers1:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Nice one! ;0 I had beer that was brewed with black tea, with a hint of lemon. Not bad, but the added sugar wasn't necessary.

X
BD

BD,

"Tea", is an afternoon drink, cucumber sandwiches, an' all that. A beer that may interest you, is "Espresso Beer". A porter, with more than a hint of the Java bean, ideal for those early morning kick starts!

Alternatively, "Cosmopolitans" are now being served, at "Ocean's".........your usual table is reserved!

Danny O
x

Last night I shared a bottle of Charles Hendricks Cabernet Sauvignon----Lewelling Vineyard. It is quite the wine and I am lucky to have gotten to try it. Very few bottles were made. It is amazing how much the character of the wine changed over time while we were drinking it. It started off a bit tart and acidic even after we let it breathe for a bit. In the glass it was much better for the wine. It smoothed out and really opened up the flavors. It was a nice pairing with a Bolivar Corona Gigante.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred