Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Man that is a large task. of course I would be willing to taste every one and see. :pThere are over 26 brands that I know of and I have not tasted all of them but I have my favorites.
For around $20 and under you have quite a few interesting ones:Bushmills
Tullamore Dew
Clontarf blend
Power and Son
Jameson
Feckin
Kilbeggan
Finian's
Merry's
You can find Bushmills, Tullamore, Jameson and Feckin fairly easily but the others will be harder to find here.
For the $30-40 range:
Clontarf Single Malt
Black Bush

Jameson 1780
Tullamore Dew 12 year
Michael Collins Single Malt
The Irishman The Original Clan

Clontarf in the single malt version can be hard to find around here but I truly like it best. The Irishman is tough to find if you can find it all all here.

The stuff that is expensive but can be pretty darned good $50 and up:
Red Breast 12 year
Jameson 18 year
The Tyrconnell 10 year Single Malt
Greenore Single Grain
Connemara Cask Strength Peated Single Malt

Obviously the Redbreast is my favorite here and you can get it for under $50 around here if you look. Connemara is fairly peaty and that is not my thing so my tastes might have effected what I think of it. If you like peaty then give it a try. It might be the best for you.
Some of these are tough to find--especially the last three---around here. You have to go to specialty shops and that increases the price in most cases. [huh]
I have noted recently that Diageo has become a huge COMPANY. They own many Scotch Whisky brands but now they also own Bushmills. They are the big dog on the block. They now can effect the whiskey market with a blink of an eye. The good thing out of it is that they have so many brands under their ownership now that they are differentiating their brands with clearly different tastes and experimenting with others in directions where they haven't been before. This also means that some of these that I have tasted in the past may not be quite the same now so take that with a grain of salt too.

I like Bushmills and the Black Bush a lot, enjoy Jamesons too. I had a Bushmills that I think was a 16yo not too long ago that was very enjoyable.

Dan'l

Practically Family
Had my first taste of Paddy Old Irish Whisky last night. I liked it but I do favor Irish whisky's. I noticed the bottle that I bought is labeled as one litre instead of 750ml.

I second that Red Breast nomination. Very nice whisky, especially when paired with a nice full bodied cigar.

Most definitely. The vanilla and other flavors are quite the foil for a cigar.
images

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A pretty so-so cabernet called Fish Eye from Australia. It comes with that modern, state of the art screw-cap instead of those fusty, old-fashioned cheap cork thingies. The taste is a little watered down, but gotta say, after about 15 minutes, it is a bit more buzz-inducing than the higher-priced counterparts. A friend was supposed to bring a bottle of Steelhead Red to try and she got a little mixed up... My idea with Steelhead is that a portion of sales go to river conservation.

We were going to try out a couple area fish-named/related wines for a fly-fishing friend's upcoming birthday. "This is $5 a bottle. Screw cap. From Australia. And this relates to a nice gift for a Seattle area freshwater fishing fiend HOW again? Are you saying a bottle of Ripple or Thunderbird would be an appropriate gift as well for anyone's birthday? The idea is a nice gift - giving him this would result in us getting the fisheye in a bad way for a long time to come. I was hoping for a wine that listed the vintage as a year and not something like WEDNESDAY...Doesn't it come in a box? That would be sooooo much easier for you to wrap, would it not?" But it does make great story fodder for future parties.

Last edited:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
A bit of a "ginfest", with some Tanqueray Ten, tonic, & lime wedge; Hendricks, tonic, & cucumber slice; and Berry's No. 3, again with tonic, & lime wedge.

Also, a nice St. Emilion red wine.....which was very "moreish"!

Danny O

p.s. Hi BD, nice to see you back in the Club, the other night...! *waves*

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
A bit of a "ginfest", with some Tanqueray Ten, tonic, & lime wedge; Hendricks, tonic, & cucumber slice; and Berry's No. 3, again with tonic, & lime wedge.

Also, a nice St. Emilion red wine.....which was very "moreish"!

Danny O

p.s. Hi BD, nice to see you back in the Club, the other night...! *waves*

Danny O,

I had a fabulous time, as you know. And my, wasn't Clem in a silly mood? I can't believe what he got up to. Did you ever get your hat back? Drinks on me next time!

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk