Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Thought you'd never ask!

5698143536_aec1a43188_b.jpg

Thanks Michelle (NOT swinggal) & Paul & Best of luck for the future!!!!

Last edited:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Danny O,

I had a fabulous time, as you know. And my, wasn't Clem in a silly mood? I can't believe what he got up to. Did you ever get your hat back? Drinks on me next time!

X
BD

BD,

I know you did, how could I forget! :whistling Louie was away that night, and yes, he did "relax" the rules a little. The last time I saw my hat, it was on your head........just before you decided to join in with the Can-Can.......but yes, I did get it back, via the other dancers!

Thank you, how could I refuse your most generous offer! ;)

Danny O
x

Adcurium

A-List Customer
I really need to take a good inventory of my liquor cabinet and find out what I need for the upcoming cocktail/cigar season. Well, it is ALWAYS cocktail/cigar season but, now I can enjoy them outside...

I really need to take a good inventory of my liquor cabinet and find out what I need for the upcoming cocktail/cigar season. Well, it is ALWAYS cocktail/cigar season but, now I can enjoy them outside...

A suggestion of a few single malts for cigar pairings if I might. :D
Dalmore Gran Reserva
Abelour
Bruichladdich
Talisker

Cocktails:
Aviation Cocktail
Sazerac Cocktail
Sidecar
Mai Tai(the original version)
Old Fashioned

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not familiar with the Aviation cocktail. I'll have to google. And regardless what it is, I'll make it my next drink!

What is your favorite Mai Tai recipe?

For the Mai Tai, I try to stick as close to the original recipe as possible:

• 2 ounces of J. Wray & Nephew Rum Over Proof over shaved ice.
  • Add juice from one fresh lime.
  • 1/2 ounce Holland DeKuyper Orange Curacao.
  • 1/4 ounce Trader Vic's Rock Candy Syrup.
  • 1/2 ounce French Garier Orgeat Syrup
  • Shake vigorously.
  • Add a sprig of fresh mint
For the Aviation Cocktail:
  • 2 oz gin
  • 1/4 oz maraschino liqueur
  • 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
  • dash of creme de violette (some use Creme de yvette)
  • flamed lemon peel for garnish
There is also the Original here:
Aviation (Original)

• 2 shots gin
  • ½ shot lemon juice
  • ⅓ shot Maraschino
  • ⅙ shot Crème de Violette
  • Shake well with ice and fine strain in to a cocktail glass. Garnish with a Maraschino cherry.
The original of both of these is best.:cheers1:

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not familiar with the Aviation cocktail. I'll have to google. And regardless what it is, I'll make it my next drink!

What is your favorite Mai Tai recipe?

Adcurium,

I'd have to second James's suggestion, of the "Aviation" cocktail, it's also one of my favourites.

Based on a 25ml measure, I mix it up as follows:

2 measures of Tanqueray gin.
1/2 measure of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
1/2 measure of Luxardo Maraschino liqueur.
1/4 measure of Bitter Truth Creme de Violette liqueur.

Shake with ice, and serve in a martini cocktail glass, drop a maraschino cherry in, for garnish.

Cheers,

Danny O

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Well, not last night, but the other night a Manhattan, with Maker's and Dolin's and Regan's. My weekend routine of enjoying a drink almost always coincides with watching something, like a movie or Fringe or something, so whatever I'm drinking lasts throughout the evening.

rumblefish

One Too Many
I pushed some blackberries through a strainer into a shaker. Then squeezed a quarter of a lemon and poured it with Jim Beam Black and Cointreau over the blackberries still in the strainer and pushed it all around into the shaker. Iced and shaken and into a cocktail glass with an orange rind and called it a BlackJack, because that's what The Cheesecake Factory calls it. :p
(Mine aren't as sweet):cool:

Hi Adcurium

As far as I can remember, "Rock Candy Syrup", is a version of "Simple Syrup", with a much higher ratio of sugar to water, and the addition of vanilla extract flavouring.

Hope this helps.....

Cheers,

Danny O

That is about right. If you can find Trader Vic's rock candy syrup then that would be ideal. The store had two left. I have two. :p
Superconcentrating the syrup is sort of a pain. Getting the amount of sugar to water right is also a problem. It will recrystalize a bit at a time fairly soon if you over do the sugar in rock candy syrup. You can put the bottle in a pot of boiling water to "re-syrupize" the mixture though. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto