Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mount Gay Black 100 Proof Rum with Dr.Pepper. I was served it at the Mount Gay 100 debut party a few weeks ago and liked it from the first sip, a pleasant change of pace from Coke.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
Hi Danny O :wave:

I'll take just about anything over that concoction James came up with lol

Hi Rue :wave:

Hope you had a good vacation?! :cool:

Concoction indeed!........psst, for goodness sake, the man doesn't even like bourbon!

p.s. Is it me, or do the smilies seem a bit faded and wishy-washy?

rue

Hi Rue :wave:

Hope you had a good vacation?! :cool:

Concoction indeed!........psst, for goodness sake, the man doesn't even like bourbon!

p.s. Is it me, or do the smilies seem a bit faded and wishy-washy?
Yes, thank you I did :D
True... very true.
Yes they are :(

I'm in the backround of one pic, with my back to the camera. Just the way I like it....:cool:
In the hat?

_Nightwing

One of the Regulars
Speaking of rum and coke (my favourite non-cocktail), a great variation is Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum mixed with A&W root beer. It has a vanilla taste to it, yum! :)

Sounds good dot, I'll have to try this one. I think rum mixes a lot better than vodka. It imparts a flavor and sweetness but without that medicinal taste.

Danny Ocean

A-List Customer
A "Sailor Jerry" spiced rum night, tonight:

1) Neat, on the rocks.

2) A spiced rum Cuba Libre.

3) Finally, a cocktail of my own making: 2 measures of Sailor Jerry spiced rum, 1 measure of Cointreau, 1/2 measure of Luxardo Maraschino liqueur, 1/2 measure fresh lime juice. Shaken with ice, and served in a chilled martini glass, with a sugared rim.

I've read a lot about the new Sailor Jerry rum, and that it's not as good as the original recipe. My thoughts are that the new mix is OK, but I would probably opt for a Havana Club (7 yr old), given the choice again.

Danny O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider