Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

WH1

Practically Family
Hendricks G&T in a tall glass with lots of ice, first one in 10 months:eusa_clap while viewing a small herd of whitetails grazing in the pasture behind the house

a glass or two of 2009 Coppola Diamond, Black Label Claret for dinner with my beautiful wife.

a snifter of Chabot XO Superior Amagnac with a Monte Cristo, Open Master Cigar while watching the night sky. Hard to believe I was in southern Afghanistan only a week ago.;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Oops, I did it again.....

Ron_Zacapa_Cente_4bbdc3ec80ca5.jpg

jmrtnko

Familiar Face
Oops, I did it again..... (Zacapa Bottle)

Heresy, I know, but I've got a lonely bottle of Zacapa on my shelf that I've not found a great use for yet. I got tired of passing it over a couple nights ago and decided to pull it down and actually try to do something with it. Made a fairly basic sour, but it was quite, quite tasty...

1 oz Zacapa
1 oz Apple Brandy/Applejack/Obstler
1 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1 dash Orange Bitters

jmrtnko

Familiar Face
One of my favourite ranting topics is the word "martini" which is both deceptive and overused...

Well... it's actually kind of the other way around. Martini started making vermouth in the mid-nineteenth century, a decade or two before even the Manhattan and Martinez, and at least 40 or so before the "dry" martini caught on. "Martini" as just M&R is mostly just a european phenomenon, which is understandable, since in Europe, the vermouth was there first, and is arguably still way more popular. In mainland Europe, I've had to generally ask for an "American Martini" to get the gin variety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner