What Did You Drink Last Night?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by kiltie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. So there is a down then. :p

2. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi Tom

I looked at Wikipedia and found that Budweiser has 30% rice, but NONE of the other Busch / Imbev beers have it listed. I would have ASSUMED that anybody who made their brand name beer with rice would use it across the board in Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, Select etc. [huh] It doesn't SAY that they do that. I tend to drink my Bud with Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix anyway. It's a vegetable now. :D

Later

3. MikePotts

MikePotts Practically Family

4. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

I just don't think rice belongs in beer, but that's just me. Anheuser-Busch is the top seller these days, I believe. I guess my opinion is just that, an opinion.

5. tealseal

tealseal A-List Customer

Microbrew IPA! No beer in the world is as good as microbrew, and no beer is as good as India Pale Ale. GIVE ME HOPS!

6. Redbreast with a Sosa cigar. :p

7. Whistle Pig straight 100% Rye with a Swisher Sweet. :D

8. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Practically Family

9. 1961MJS

Hi

Tecate' with Salt and Lime on the glass. Went well with the Chicken Fajita Enchiladas, Steamed Corn, and mashed potatoes. I don't think Rice goes with beer either, but I did find out that almost all OTHER American beers use a bunch of corn instead of the rice. Bring back the German Beer Purity laws, jeez. Water, Malted Barley, Hops, and Yeast, nothin' else.

Later

10. dnjan

dnjan One Too Many

Last night, nothing. Making up for yesterday afternoon's three hofbrauhaus hefeweizens.
    Hadn't planned on drinking that much, but a thunderstorm had me trapped at the restaurant ...

11. Cricket

Cricket Practically Family

After some grilled venison for supper, the hubby and I settled in on the porch to watch a rolling thunderstorm come in with a glass of Jack and Coke. Nothing special but still a special evening. :)

12. Fletch

Fletch I'll Lock Up

Ghost Pines '08 Cabernet. 65% Napa, 35% Sonoma. Nicely tannic for a California cab. Dad didn't like it; he likes them more to type.

13. 1961MJS

Hi Don

Gettin' old sucks, I used to drink 6-8 beers, but now I got to sleep after about 3. Of course I do drink the higher calorie stuff now, maybe it's just a food coma.

later

14. dnjan

dnjan One Too Many

Yes, when one gets old there is enough stuff that hurts. So no need to add one's head to the list.

15. Did it make you whistle? :p

16. Yup..but you'd never guess where...:eek:

17. I don't wanna know. :p

18. Went to BJ's in Covina and had their new hoopy IPA plus a Jeramiah Red.

19. Derek Cavin

Derek Cavin One of the Regulars

A couple of beers -- nothing of interest.

20. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Practically Family

Sounds good.

Went to the local Shriner's Temple to listen to an Andrews Sisters style group and then to our favorite bar.
    Franzia Chillable Red wine (yuck... lots of sediment), Tangurey martini and a Southern Comfort on the rocks.