Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

rue

Hi

NEVER mix and match. Drink what you started with, or you'll see everything your poured in during the last week. Never done it, but I've seen the results. I found the recipe, and I just couldn't do that.

Later

I know I know.... but I was having fun :p Plus I didn't get sick :)

and I gave you the chance to blame the bartender ...

I can't blame the poor guy [huh]

And never drink Jaegermeister. That stuff is for car tanks not drinking. :p

:rolleyes:

Jaegermeister is very efficient, depending on your goals. :D

True story :D

Lord Brett

New in Town
I was drinking what we in England call 'real ale' last night - craft brewery stuff. One was called Olympian, to celebrate the London Olympics, the other (rather nicer) was called Slightly Foxed. To mu surprise I had to explain to everyone what that phrase meant! From there I was onto the spirits - Gentleman Jack and Speyside.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I've been waiting for the "... to celebrate finishing unpacking".

Did I miss it, or do you still have boxes ...

Oh we had Champagne again when all the boxes were unpacked! It was well deserved!:D

Last night I had Waipara Hills NZ Sauvignon Blanc - very nice but wouldn't be my fave NZ SB....

Remind me to get some photos of our brewery collection for you. I think you'd like it. Very little Falstaff/Lemp items, though. Lemp, especially is very expensive.

I never had any when they were still making it so I have no idea if I would have liked it. :p I just collect their breweriana. I blame my grandfather. He started it all with that Falstaff sign in my den(his before me). :p

Remind me to get some photos of our brewery collection for you. I think you'd like it. Very little Falstaff/Lemp items, though. Lemp, especially is very expensive.

Yes, Lemp is expensive to collect. Then again it is quite old now:p
Here is the sign that started my Falstaff collection. Geez, the walls look bare in that picture. :p
Bar.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
I never had any when they were still making it so I have no idea if I would have liked it. :p I just collect their breweriana. I blame my grandfather. He started it all with that Falstaff sign in my den(his before me). :p

Trust me - you wouldn't have.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi James, Some of the old beers were pretty good. Bud hasn't changed. Miller High Life hasn't changed, Schlitz brought back their old 1960's recipe and it's good again, but it costs more than Bud. Pabst is still o.k. Olympia was water and is out of business (yeah, hope I'm not offending anyone). I found one of my Grandpa Mike's Olympia cans, with the old style top, but Mom opened it and poured it out (Baptist). I was planning on keeping it. Old Style is out of business, which is a sort of yeah. I liked Pabst better. Is Blatz still around, it was o.k. Busch is still around, haven't tried it in YEARS, but it used to be pretty bland. I still like Little Kings every once in a while. Stag wasn't too bad, I remember it being kind of sweet, I haven't had that since college. I don't remember drinking Falstaff. I don't like Coors and Coors light, haven't had either in 20 years, too watery.

I found two local pubs here in Oklahoma City that have more than 20 taps, Tapwerks, and McNellie's. They have NONE of this stuff.

Later

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have Pabst, Blatz, and Schlitz in the fridge. They still make Old Style, too. Had some a few weeks ago.

Really, I vaguely remember reading that Old Style had gone away. I knew that Pabst (or their parent company) had purchased the rights to some of the other old beers including Old Style. I could drink Old Style, but it wasn't a favorite. Same with Pabst, but I like it a little more. The one time I had Blatz, I actually liked it. All this stuff was from buying it in Illinois. I drank Jack and Coke the first few years out of college, swapped to Bourbon and water in Alabama, and went to Bud light when I returned to Kansas in the 1990's. Now I drink Bud as the cheap stuff, and Guinness otherwise. I really like the new Schlitz and it's less expensive than Bud here in Oklahoma. Oklahoma is sort of a 3.2 beer state. You can only buy COLD 3.2 beer and hat regular beer. Bud, Coors, and Miller all only sell 3.2 beer here, but they have Schlitz Tall boy six-packs for under $5.00.

Had a neighbor that used to set in his back yard rain or shine, sleet or snow and drink a twelve pack of Schlitz. Didn't talk much either.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana