Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
I louched a glass of 1940s Legendre Herbsaint at Tales of the Cocktail, some very lucky people were able to sample the contents of the glass.

tales2012.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi James

I've finally gotten moved in and have Rittenhouse Rye (bottled in bond), Maraschino cherries, and bitters. I do alternate the old-fashioned with Zing Zang and Bud (red Beer) and some cheap port. Gotta keep those arteries clear you know.

Tonight will be a multiple Old-Fashioned night, I spend 4 hours at the Oklahoma state trooper station getting allowed to get an OK Driver's license, and then drove a few miles away to a tag agency to actually get the license. Just the line to get the "we'll call your number" took an hour and a half.

later

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Hi James

I've finally gotten moved in and have Rittenhouse Rye (bottled in bond), Maraschino cherries, and bitters. I do alternate the old-fashioned with Zing Zang and Bud (red Beer) and some cheap port. Gotta keep those arteries clear you know.

Tonight will be a multiple Old-Fashioned night, I spend 4 hours at the Oklahoma state trooper station getting allowed to get an OK Driver's license, and then drove a few miles away to a tag agency to actually get the license. Just the line to get the "we'll call your number" took an hour and a half.

later

Nothing will drive you to drink faster than dealing the DMV!

Hi James

later

Oh geez! I thought our DMV was bad out here!
Have an Old Fashioned on me. :p

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Torres Celeste Crianza 2009 - Initially it was the beautiful label on the bottle that got my interest, but I read some glowing reviews of this wine so bought a bottle - it did not disappoint!

torres-celeste-crianza-2009-red.jpg

1961MJS

Nope, actually comparable to Blue Ribbon at almost half the price.

Hi

The Blue Ribbon ain't too bad, but one I can't ever drink again is Old Milwaukee. Can you say Montezuma's Revenge? Twice, once per twelve pack. What's in that stuff. I haven't had Blatz since I was home from college one weekend. I'll have to search Oklahoma and see if it exists here. At least Schlitz is cheaper here. The Blatz was a plain old decent beer, not something I went back to look for, but I did drink every last one of them. I can't say that about Coors Light. I'll have to go get some Little Kings for this weekend.

Later

Later

Blue Ribbon's always my first choice. I love the stuff. Funny, I have a friend who swears by Old Milwaukee. I think you hit Blatz on the head, too. Schlitz is fantastic, but really pricey here. If I buy it in bottles, it's almost a buck a bottle.

Hi

The Blue Ribbon ain't too bad, but one I can't ever drink again is Old Milwaukee. Can you say Montezuma's Revenge? Twice, once per twelve pack. What's in that stuff. I haven't had Blatz since I was home from college one weekend. I'll have to search Oklahoma and see if it exists here. At least Schlitz is cheaper here. The Blatz was a plain old decent beer, not something I went back to look for, but I did drink every last one of them. I can't say that about Coors Light. I'll have to go get some Little Kings for this weekend.

Later

Later

1961MJS

Blue Ribbon's always my first choice. I love the stuff. Funny, I have a friend who swears by Old Milwaukee. I think you hit Blatz on the head, too. Schlitz is fantastic, but really pricey here. If I buy it in bottles, it's almost a buck a bottle.

Hi

My two favorite beers are Guinness and Newcastle Brown Ale. I drink a lot of ales, and more full bodied lagers etc, but money being money, I probably drink 3-6 Buds for every Guinness I get my hands on. I drink a LOT of red beer in the summer, more refreshing somehow. I think I'll go get some Schlitz on the way home, it MAY be 3.2 beer though here in Oklahoma.

Later

Schlitz is a 3.2 beer, by my understanding (however, my expertise on alcohol contents is when the beers were produced from the 1880's to the 1960's lol)

Hi

My two favorite beers are Guinness and Newcastle Brown Ale. I drink a lot of ales, and more full bodied lagers etc, but money being money, I probably drink 3-6 Buds for every Guinness I get my hands on. I drink a LOT of red beer in the summer, more refreshing somehow. I think I'll go get some Schlitz on the way home, it MAY be 3.2 beer though here in Oklahoma.

Later

On Ales,

I've always hoped Pabst would bring theirs back. Blue Ribbon or Old Tankard.

FT-11039.jpg

hBhHh8a1a00e8Zyq2a.8FA.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav