Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I may be stuck with Glenfiddich because my handy dandy hippy dippy local liquor store doesn't carry either Dewar's White Label or Famous Grouse. I gotta have a more regular daily scotch too. The Laphroaig is a little smoky for every day drinking.

Later

m0nk

One Too Many
Hi

I may be stuck with Glenfiddich because my handy dandy hippy dippy local liquor store doesn't carry either Dewar's White Label or Famous Grouse. I gotta have a more regular daily scotch too. The Laphroaig is a little smoky for every day drinking.

Later
Glenfiddich is a good daily drinker...

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
If you want the smokiest single malt try Ardbeg.

I do not usually drink vatted whisky so I have not tried PeatMonster. It sounds good so I will need to look out for it.

If you want the smokiest single malt try Ardbeg.

I do not usually drink vatted whisky so I have not tried PeatMonster. It sounds good so I will need to look out for it.

Peatmonster blows away Ardbeg---even when you coinsider Ardbeg has an advertisement comparing itself to an elephant:p:
screenhunter_09-jul-05-15-51.gif

You missed this I bet:
Ardbeg+Day+Poster.jpg

It was a play on Blatz's jingle at the time "I'm from Milwaukee, and I ought to know."

I love the tagline "I've been to Milwaukee, I ought to know..."

On Groucho and Milwaukee, back in 2004 or so when the old Pabst Brewery in Milwaukee was purchased by a developer, they found pics of many celebrities, including Groucho Marx at the Pabst Brewery, back in the 1940's. Interesting what ends up in basements!

It was a play on Blatz's jingle at the time "I'm from Milwaukee, and I ought to know."

On Groucho and Milwaukee, back in 2004 or so when the old Pabst Brewery in Milwaukee was purchased by a developer, they found pics of many celebrities, including Groucho Marx at the Pabst Brewery, back in the 1940's. Interesting what ends up in basements!

I had heard the Groucho was cheap but.......:plol lol

Hi After discussing Scotches at work with a native Oklahoman, I went by the Thunderbird liquor store in Norman OK and asked the hippy dippy dude which Scotch was the smokiest he had. I came home with a fifth of Laphroaig 10 year old and by GAWD it's smoky. It went extremely well with the smoked Cheddar and Trisquits I had for dinner. I need to get some BBQ on the way home for tomorrow night and get well and truly smoked. Later

Laphroaig is over the top for me, it has a load of phenolic aromas / flavors like burnt bakalite and band-aide.

Laphroaig is over the top for me, it has a load of phenolic aromas / flavors like burnt bakalite and band-aide.

It isn't quite as bad as it used to be. I remember the original like that but recently I tasted it and it was more subdued. You knew it was the Frog but wasn't like licking one. :p Malt Advocate said that they have dialed it back over the last few years because it was over the top. :p It is now drinkable to me when it wasn't about five years ago. I will say that it does still smell the same. :p It nearly knocked out Rue at the QM. :rofl:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR