Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

You're welcome! Cold and wet here, too.

Drove up to Portland with SWMBO yesterday. Toured Eastside Distilling, drank some great rum, came home with a bottle of their coffee rum, as well as a bottle of "Holiday Spice Liqueur." Sort of a cross between pimento dram and bourbon.

Then we scooted over to Deschutes Portland Brewery. Whirlwind of pints! Rhinelander Altbier! Bière de Garde! Fresh Hop Porter and Deschutes River Ale. Hop Trip and Chasin' Freshies. And to cap it all off? Black Butte XXIV. Fileld the growler with Fresh Hop Porter. I expect to be drinking that tonight...

And Growling. :p

Effingham

A-List Customer
Gin (Hendricks. Yum!) and tonic. Hendricks seems infused with cucumber (!) so I don't squeeze a lime wedge into it.

Another new one I have: 2 oz spiced rum and 4 oz of Dr. Pepper. I call it "Capt. Morgan Pepper, PhD." :)

Gin (Hendricks. Yum!) and tonic. Hendricks seems infused with cucumber (!) so I don't squeeze a lime wedge into it.

Another new one I have: 2 oz spiced rum and 4 oz of Dr. Pepper. I call it "Capt. Morgan Pepper, PhD." :)

It is indeed infused with cucumber and rose water from what I understand. It is also good without all those crazy botanicals that some other gins use. :p
I would call it a Dr. Morgan. That combines them nicely. :p

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I was out for pizza and beer at the Silver Dollar in Farmersville IL. The pizza had real bacon on it which was great. They have Stag on tap, which I haven't had since college (once). It has less taste than either Pabst or Schlitz. it did go down pretty well, but had relatively no taste.

Later

anon`

One Too Many
Rogue Ales Voodoo Bacon Maple Ale. Seriously.

Made with Briess cherrywood, Weyermann beech and house hickory smoked malts, Great Western two-row pale and Munich malts, crystal 15 and 75, applewood smoked bacon, and pure maple extract. Revolution and Independent hops from Rogue Micro Hopyard, "free range coastal water" and Rogue's own Pacman yeast.

It was like drinking one of my favorite pipe tobaccos. Interesting, but the next time I want to spend more than $10 on a bomber of ale, I think I'll just go straight for The Abyss.

Rogue Ales Voodoo Bacon Maple Ale. Seriously.

Made with Briess cherrywood, Weyermann beech and house hickory smoked malts, Great Western two-row pale and Munich malts, crystal 15 and 75, applewood smoked bacon, and pure maple extract. Revolution and Independent hops from Rogue Micro Hopyard, "free range coastal water" and Rogue's own Pacman yeast.

It was like drinking one of my favorite pipe tobaccos. Interesting, but the next time I want to spend more than $10 on a bomber of ale, I think I'll just go straight for The Abyss.

If you like it that was fine but it stunk to me. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24